3090 available but...

10 hours ago, agrasyuk said:

Supply/demand. when something that is scarce is in demand the price goes up - a law of nature that yo can argue with exactly as much you can argue with gravity.

This is valid for all the time I´m not searching for a GPU. Now that I am searching for one, I totally agree with BitMaster 😇😬

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

On 4/3/2021 at 6:00 AM, Lange_666 said:

Those in stock went up in price a bit to 2899€ now (cheapest but not available is 2624€).

Most expensive cards broke the 3000€ mark, they now sell for 3099€

Don't care much, but it's getting to the point where equipment just to play video games costs as much as a good amount of flying lessons in a real aircraft.

Imma stick with my archaic rig. The "good" new stuff is great until you realize it isn't--for the price, it's downright lousy. It's still just another consumer product, not a mansion with a late-model Learjet included in the price 😉

The 3090 looks like a neat toy, but this stuff is for people with money to burn. It's for Hollywood plastic surgeons and not machinists or welders. I'm old, I remember when CD players were $5000 and they were apparently pretty bad when they were new 🙂

AD

12 hours ago, agrasyuk said:

Supply/demand. when something that is scarce is in demand the price goes up - a law of nature that yo can argue with exactly as much you can argue with gravity.

Bingo bango. I'm glad somebody gets it. If you're an electrician or a plumber you're probably not going to marry a supermodel. Private jets aren't for people who pump gas for a living. It's how the world works.

Find something better to do than gaming 🙂

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

On 3/14/2021 at 10:34 PM, Taz1004 said:

The world wide DRAM shortage is mostly because of political conflict between Korea and Japan.  Japan was primary source of liquid hydrogen fluoride and silicone wafers for DRAM Samsung produces.  And Japan placed trade restrictions on 3 key materials.  Now Samsung is producing liquid hydrogen fluoride internally and found other suppliers from Taiwan and Belgium so it should ease soon.

https://time.com/5691631/japan-south-korea-trade-war/

BTW, I'm just passing on the news so please don't turn this political.

It’s just a perfect storm of increased semiconductor demand no one really predicted and very long global supply chains. 

These cards are probably the most complex items humans have produced ever...

Edited by Mogster

Not gonna get any better for a good while . Just read that Intel , Nvidea and TSMC execs say chip shortage will run into 2023 !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

28 minutes ago, Mogster said:

It’s just a perfect storm of increased semiconductor demand no one really predicted and very long global supply chains. 

These cards are probably the most complex items humans have produced ever...

Yes, Linus is right on misjudging the volume.  Not sure what affect the new sanctions on China would have but production issue has been resolved.  Samsung actually recorded 12% increase in DRAM production last year.

Look at the statistics below.  US demand quadrupled in 2021.  Far more than any other region.  Everyone probably are blaming Americans.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/988037/nvidia-revenue-by-country-region/

On 4/18/2021 at 3:04 AM, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

I bought my 3090 back in september and i felt like a complete idiot at the time. 
Now when i see prices and availability i'm glad i did. 

Yeah same here, very glad I got mine when I did.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 4/15/2021 at 11:37 PM, Taz1004 said:

Everyone probably are blaming Americans.

Yeah.  I blame the other guy. It's always him for some reason 🤣

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

The 3080 I bought last year for 899,- € is now listed for 1639,- (unavailable though)....

the 3090 from the same brand and line is listed for 2699,- and available.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Just read that crypto is crashing . Maybe that will help .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Down 13-17 % today on reports US is cracking down because of its use in money laundering .

7 minutes ago, Svsmokey said:

Just read that crypto is crashing . Maybe that will help .

oh please let this be true :worthy:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

2 minutes ago, Svsmokey said:

Down 13-17 % today on reports US is cracking down because of its use in money laundering .

I mean... I'm right along with you in hoping. But it's not that much (at the moment) according to the indexes that I'm looking at. And anyway, down some 10-20% on something that is ten times its value since last summer is not exactly a sea change.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Yeah , lets hope that trend line continues . I have a new gpu , but feel for the those who can't get one now .

I bought an alienware to rob the Card.  My 5 year old son will be rocking an Alienware 5600X in his room with a little GTX 1650 that was my spare.  Need to teach him DCS now

Edited by jskibo

Lucky kid !

Edited by Svsmokey

5 hours ago, Svsmokey said:

17% .. lol. 

Few months ago bitcoin was at 12k ... now it's almost at 60k. 
I'll start to panic when it dips under 10k. This is nothing
This dip is not going to solve the chip shortage guys sorry to say :d 

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah

To make it even worse, the newest idea in crypto is mining/proofing with drive space used up instead of proof of work as Bitcoin does. If that keeps on growing we'll see the same happening with drives' prices. 🙄

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

On 4/15/2021 at 11:23 PM, Svsmokey said:

Not gonna get any better for a good while . Just read that Intel , Nvidea and TSMC execs say chip shortage will run into 2023 !

That's their prediction based on current demand trends. I am optimistic because I believe the pattern of demand will change completely by later this year, or spring/summer 2022 changing those trends significantly.

People are very anxious to leave their homes, travel and go to restaurants as soon as group immunity is reached. US and UK will be going to reach this stage by summer , Several countries in Europe as well by Q3 (vaccine supply are already ramping up significantly, so much so my government doesn't know how to apply all the jabs we are getting in coming weeks)

They will stop playing games at home and go out. That's when crypto will definitely crash, and adding to this effect will be the market flood of second hand cards from miners.

I need a new card for the new 2.7 so I can start flying again. It's been a while

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

EVGA B Stock dropped a bunch of cards tonight starting in batches from 3090 all the way down to 1030's every few minutes.  

Few lasted longer than a minute.

I happened to look at the right time and picked up a FTW3 Ultra 3090, sad part was it was priced $20 below MSRP ($1849) , but in this market, that's quite a deal