My first button box (2nd update)

pavidovich

Links to the updates:

- Initial setup: Current post

- 1st update: Added 6 analog axis

- 2nd uptade: Added a LCD screen + two control buttons

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody,

I would like to show you my first button box. It is based on an Arduino Micro Pro board and the Arduino Joystick Library from Heironimus 

It is composed by 4 rotary encoders, 4 toggle switches (ON-ON), and 16 push buttons. It is also prepared to add 6 analog axis.

It is made by cheap 3mm plywood, and covered by an adhesive vinyl, just to improve the look. I have also applied some weathering technique to get an old look. 

Button_Box.jpeg

Button_box_2.jpeg

Edited by pavidovich
  • Like 4

Many thanks for your comments,

two more picture during the development process 

The circuit is based on two SN74150 16:1 multiplexer, they allow to access 32 inputs with just only 5 digital lines, thus it is possible to maintain some other pins for a future expansion. 

Cockpit_V3.jpeg

Cockpit_V3_00.jpeg

• pavidovich changed the title to My first button box (updated)

I've added a LCD screen and two additional push buttons.

The main goal is to include a timer  to help me in the IFR procedures. The LCD screen uses the I2C bus and both buttons are digital inputs directly controlled by the Arduino Micro.

20210310_202522.jpg

Edited by pavidovich

• pavidovich changed the title to My first button box (2nd update)

Hi.

NIce, and welcome to the "infinite button creation"... I see alot of slepless nights in front of you!

Good box, and good finishing too! Mine isn't that beatifull. I suggest you check this link https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/97434-an-arduino-usb-hid-controller-composite-usb-controller. I have three Arduino mega connected as joysticks, wich one of them shows as two separate joysticks, so it's up to 256*3 total button count, plus 8*3 joysticks axels, and DCS can handle it! Amazing!

If you need some help, I would be happy to help with that unbelievable feature.

Saludos

Saca111

hace 37 minutos, Sacarino111 dijo:

Hi.

NIce, and welcome to the "infinite button creation"... I see alot of slepless nights in front of you!

Good box, and good finishing too! Mine isn't that beatifull. I suggest you check this link https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/97434-an-arduino-usb-hid-controller-composite-usb-controller. I have three Arduino mega connected as joysticks, wich one of them shows as two separate joysticks, so it's up to 256*3 total button count, plus 8*3 joysticks axels, and DCS can handle it! Amazing!

If you need some help, I would be happy to help with that unbelievable feature.

Saludos

Saca111

Many thanks for your comments, I'll take a deep insight on the link. For sure there will be a lot of useful information.

Furthermore, great pics!