My snapviews are gone when I fly these missions

sthompson

I have a few custom snap views set for the F-5. For example I frequently use the "view in" snap view (KP0) to get a close up view of the instrument panel. When I fly these missions my custom snap views are not available and I get the defaults instead. I suspect they are being over-written by config files in the missions. After flying one of these, if I then fly an instant action F-5 mission my custom snap views reappear. Can you delete the snap views from the missions?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

11 minutes ago, sthompson said:

I have a few custom snap views set for the F-5. For example I frequently use the "view in" snap view (KP0) to get a close up view of the instrument panel. When I fly these missions my custom snap views are not available and I get the defaults instead. I suspect they are being over-written by config files in the missions. After flying one of these, if I then fly an instant action F-5 mission my custom snap views reappear. Can you delete the snap views from the missions?

This is not something I have modified on purpose from the default config, but i'll look into it. 

Just now, SorelRo said:

This is not something I have modified on purpose from the default config, but i'll look into it. 

I have read in other forums that sometimes a copy of config\view\snapviews.lua gets embedded in a mission file and causes this effect by over-riding the one in the Saved Games directory. If the mission file is then used as the basis for other missions it gets carried over. So it would be easy for it to happen without the mission designer even realizing it. I was able to open one of your mission files in the mission editor and found copies of snapviews.lua and snapviewsdefault.lua in the config\view subfolder among other files. Unless your missions have some need to over-ride the user's view settings you should be able to just delete that folder entirely from your missions. I tested this on your mission 2 and it solved the problem. Of course next time I do a repair it will be back.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering if fixing this will make it into the new versions you are rolling out with the new weather.