Start valve caution light

Northstar98

Hi everyone,

I've noticed a minor bug which has been present since the release of the F-14A. According to the pilot procedures in the manual, step 6 is to check to see if the start valve caution light illuminates prior to advancing the throttle to idle during engine start. Since the release of the F-14A into OB, it doesn't illuminate and never comes on (excluding the LTS test) prior to setting the starting engine's throttle to idle; what happens instead is when the engine crank switch returns to centre at ~50% RPM, the start valve caution momentarily turns on for a split second before going out - it's a very quick on/off and it basically perfectly coincides with the engine crank switch returning to centre.

IIRC what used to happen is you'd position the engine crank switch to start whichever engine, then I think somewhere between 10-20% the start valve caution light would illuminate, at 20% you'd advance whichever throttle to idle, and the start valve caution light would turn off when the crank switch automatically returns to centre at ~50% RPM.

This problem is present in both the F-14A and F-14B.

Track attached.

F-14A_Start_Valve.trk

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.