F-14B AIM-7M not tracking to target

13 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

Yup, no issues with the MH, the M and F will not guide if fired >10nm. Within 10 they seem to work just fine however.

NO!

It all depends what you shooting at!

If the target can use ECM all -7F and -7M will fail to miss the target if you use them with the F-14 but the -7M will hit the Target if you use the missile from a F-18!(and F-15 like others said) The -7MH will hit the target using ECM also with the F-14 like in the F-18. As soon as the target is not using ECM the -7F and -7M will hit the target from the F-14!

1. if i shoot an Aim-7M at a Su-24 without reacting to threat/ECM OFF/NO chaff at 14nm i will hit that Su-24 with my Aim-7M

2. if i shoot an Aim-7M at a Su-24 with reacting to threat/ECM ON/NO chaff at 8-9nm(or closer) i will MISS that Su-24 with my Aim-7M (not if i sit in a F-18! or F-15 like others said)

This is 100% reproducible.

Distance doesn't matter, only if the target can use ECM or not. This was reported to HB by several users in different threads now over 2 months and the only reaction was to a false claim of "oh this works" with "good to know" despite the fact that nothing changed and this still happens only with the F-14 not in any other DCS module capable of using the same Aim-7M missile. 😢

1 SU-24M_ECM_OFF.jpg

2 SU-24M_ECM_ON.jpg

1_F14B_AIM7M_SU24_ECM_OFF_HIT.trk

2_ F14B_AIM7M_SU24_ECM_ON_MISS.trk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

7 hours ago, unknown said:

NO!

If the target can use ECM all -7F and -7M will fail to miss the target if you use them with the F-14 but the -7M will hit the Target if you use the missile from a F-18!(and F-15 like others said) The -7MH will hit the target using ECM also with the F-14 like in the F-18. As soon as the target is not using ECM the -7F and -7M will hit the target from the F-14!

1. if i shoot an Aim-7M at a Su-24 without reacting to threat/ECM OFF/NO chaff at 14nm i will hit that Su-24 with my Aim-7M

2. if i shoot an Aim-7M at a Su-24 with reacting to threat/ECM ON/NO chaff at 8-9nm(or closer) i will MISS that Su-24 with my Aim-7M (not if i sit in a F-18! or F-15 like others said)

Distance doesn't matter, only if the target can use ECM or not. This was reported to HB by several users in different threads now over 2 months and the only reaction was to a false claim of "oh this works" with "good to know" despite the fact that nothing changed and this still happens only with the F-14 not in any other DCS module capable of using the same Aim-7M missile. 😢

1 SU-24M_ECM_OFF.jpg

2 SU-24M_ECM_ON.jpg

1_F14B_AIM7M_SU24_ECM_OFF_HIT.trk 278.84 kB · 1 download

2_ F14B_AIM7M_SU24_ECM_ON_MISS.trk 363.05 kB · 1 download

This is all regarding the 14. They work on the Hornet.

1 hour ago, Schmidtfire said:

So for the time being the MH is the most realiable version?  On the Hornet you change between LOFT/NORM,
how can I select this in the F-14B? Does it depend on aircraft pitch?

You can't change that. Afaik it wont loft at very close range (5nm) and yes the MH is currently the only reliable one.

Edited by Skysurfer

2 hours ago, Schmidtfire said:

On the Hornet you change between LOFT/NORM,
how can I select this in the F-14B? Does it depend on aircraft pitch?

It should be tied to the ACM cover, but that functionality isn't working right now for some reason. 

On 5/3/2021 at 10:38 AM, unknown said:

NO!

1 SU-24M_ECM_OFF.jpg

2 SU-24M_ECM_ON.jpg

1_F14B_AIM7M_SU24_ECM_OFF_HIT.trk 278.84 kB · 1 download

2_ F14B_AIM7M_SU24_ECM_ON_MISS.trk 363.05 kB · 1 download

Distance does matter if we are talking about the AIM-7F. It doesn't track if launched at a target more than approx 8 NM away. At least in SP.

You might be able to launch farther out and when the missile and target get's within range the F will start to track, if within the limits of the seeker head.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Confirmed on the jamming targets. Tried it the last weekend on some VIggens and Fencers. Missiles went dumb off the rails.

• Like 2

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache