Mission 2 - No Targets

By the end of mission one I got my coordinates for mission #2 (38T KM 98382 92472).

If I set that as waypoint 3 in my mission planer, I cant find any targets around that spot with FLIR....

I also dont see any red circles on my F10 map view - but I believe you only see that circle in debriefing of mission 1?!? And I missed to double check 😞

Cant continue my missions

Any suggestions?

Hey, At the end of every mission, you receive coordinates and after a while a red circle appears designating you the target building. Once you find the target take a scrnshot. 

You can still continue with your missions since striking suggested targets is optional. 😉

Hope the picture helps 🙂 

KM983.JPG

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

I found that circle and i can now complete my missions. Dont know why, but i am still stuck in Stage 2. i usually complete my task without jtag - i am using the litening pod paired with GBUs. Are those missions are all similar?!? Or is there a Problem with the campaign progress....

thx

Coords you get at end of each mission are for campaign specific target for next mission, usually building. JTAC is for ground targets of opportunity, usually vehicles, that help with campaign progression.

JTAC doesn't lase your mission target, you need use mission planner and set your editable waypoint over it via coords. Do not forget to set its alt to 0 so it will snaps to ground otherwise TGP will point into air over it.

I think campaign docs and mission descriptions should be more descriptive how those things works. It will save a lot of confusion.

Edited by ataribaby

Yeah, I think its pretty confusing 😞

Once I hit that marked target in debriefing I dont get something like: Mission accomplished or anything like that. I destroyed that target and return to base and my next mission briefing is pretty much the same. Select a waypoint at my designated target and hit that building.  Seems like every mission is the same..... So I was wondering if I am doing something wrong here...

Not very happy about it....

sorry

Maybe I try another campaign... Can you recommend a campaign that is a little bit more flexible in the kind of missions you fly? I was thinking about "raven one".....

On 3/8/2021 at 5:08 PM, surfinbird89 said:

Yeah, I think its pretty confusing 😞

Once I hit that marked target in debriefing I dont get something like: Mission accomplished or anything like that. I destroyed that target and return to base and my next mission briefing is pretty much the same. Select a waypoint at my designated target and hit that building.  Seems like every mission is the same..... So I was wondering if I am doing something wrong here...

Not very happy about it....

sorry

Maybe I try another campaign... Can you recommend a campaign that is a little bit more flexible in the kind of missions you fly? I was thinking about "raven one".....

Hey, thanks for your feedback. Your main mission  in Operation Pontus campaign is not to hit the optional targets suggested by your XO but to win the war. 

Like every other war, your goals are to a) to gain air superiority, b) Suppress any air defenses c) Destroy enemy ground forces, d)Provide CAS, e) Destroy key enemy infrastructures and finally locate and terminate high asset targets. Since you are the CO it is really up to you on how you plan to win this war. Your XO only makes suggestions. 

Also keep in mind that we are the offence as we are trying to regain territories captured by the instigators.  😉

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign