M2000 in a "good condition"?

Viking 1-1

Hey guys,

even though I like flying the Hornet and the Viper I would love to go back to some more basic flying.

This means I would love to use a jet that is not using Fox 3 and Jdam or Jsow. Of course I could just ignore those weapons on my other jets, but why not learn a new one?

Since I have heard a lot of bad things about Razbam I'm just asking you guys:

Would you recommend the Mirage or is it not a good pick at the moment?

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

What about the "too fast" INS drift I read about?

Is this already fixed or at least confirmed?

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

1 minute ago, =36=Witcher said:

Confirmed but not fixed yet. I think I heard in the Discord server that the INS is getting a general overhaul, but I may have understood wrong. Anyway, until the bug is fixed, you can disable INS drift in the options as a workaround.

Perfect, thank you!

M2000 is a superb aircraft to fly.  Simple to start and operate, near impossible to crash, super fast and manoeuvrable.  Radar is not the best (older aircraft) and missile range is also limited but that takes nothing out of it.  The campaigns for the mirage are also really really good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

And BlueFlag Caucasus 80s need reinforcement ! Perfect theater of war for the M2k as everybody is Fox 1/2 only 🙂

Edited by Wagner
  • Like 2

Win10 64 / Intel Core i5-9400F/ 32Go RAM / GeForce GTX 2070s / HOTAS Warthog

french speaking here...

Callsign ZeeWag on DCS

Callsign "Wagner" since 1998 (Falcon 4.0, Longbow II...)

Off the top of my head, the issues people tend to complain about are:

1) The radar antenna doesn't quite slew correctly, when you try to increase its elevation it goes through every bar rather than tilting instantly like with other radars. RB have marked this as an ED issue, so who knows when it will be solved

2) The CCIP pipper for high drag bombs is slightly inaccurate. RB claim it is not, and you have to deliver the bombs with a dive bomb profile, despite the fact that this profile results in the jet barely clearing the ground while pulling up. Snakeeyes are still usable, just don't expect to take out a single target with a single bomb (which to be fair is fine - the fact that other jets can do it is pretty unrealistic)

3) The INS has always been barely modelled, and recently drift has been messy to the point of people completely disabling it. It seems like that work is going on that front, so that's nice

4) The IP bombing modes have accuracy issues; I'm not sure whether they have been solved or not, but RB have marked it as a very low priority issue so it's likely going to stay that way for a long time.

All in all it's a fine jet imo, the best out of Razbam's. It also comes with excellent single player content. The only truly annoying bug is the antenna elevation.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 3

It's a fun plane. You'll like it. Comes with an excellent campaign by Baltic Dragon.

It is a complete aircraft feature wise and has been graphically updated since its initial release.

Any remaining issues are not show stoppers.

Edited by DimSim
  • Thanks 1

I just took my first steps with the mirage and have to say: Holy cow, that´s different then flying an F 16 or F 18!

But very enjoyable and I think training with this plane will make me a better pilot in other planes as well since I really have to get the basic stuff right in order to survive. Let´s see how this will end, but a very nice module so far...

I love this plane module as I always loved the Mirage - it's one of the most beautiful and elegant airplane to me. There are several reasons for this:

1. I'm French - so this is self-explanatory

2. I'm also Swiss - this is self-explanatory too because we had the Mirage III

3. Although a modern airplane, it is not too complicated to learn and master, but I'm still a beginner

4. This plane is deadly in good hands, even against an F16 or F18 - a real challenge

This module is still not completed, yes, but I have a lot of fun flying this beautiful aircraft.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 6:30 PM, TLTeo said:

1) The radar antenna doesn't quite slew correctly, when you try to increase its elevation it goes through every bar rather than tilting instantly like with other radars. RB have marked this as an ED issue, so who knows when it will be solved

2) The CCIP pipper for high drag bombs is slightly inaccurate. RB claim it is not, and you have to deliver the bombs with a dive bomb profile, despite the fact that this profile results in the jet barely clearing the ground while pulling up. Snakeeyes are still usable, just don't expect to take out a single target with a single bomb (which to be fair is fine - the fact that other jets can do it is pretty unrealistic)

3) The INS has always been barely modelled, and recently drift has been messy to the point of people completely disabling it. It seems like that work is going on that front, so that's nice

4) The IP bombing modes have accuracy issues; I'm not sure whether they have been solved or not, but RB have marked it as a very low priority issue so it's likely going to stay that way for a long time.

All in all it's a fine jet imo, the best out of Razbam's. It also comes with excellent single player content. The only truly annoying bug is the antenna elevation.

I've heard that 1,3,4 are fixed for next release

after several years from the release of the module I expressed my opinion of the unacceptable state of the M-2000 in response I received a warning of 40 points.  I have removed the form from the game and in the future I will carefully consider whether to throw money down the toilet

• Thanks 1

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

2 hours ago, ivo said:

after several years from the release of the module I expressed my opinion of the unacceptable state of the M-2000 in response I received a warning of 40 points.  I have removed the form from the game and in the future I will carefully consider whether to throw money down the toilet

Whaow that is one p*ssed off customer!  

Frankly I have very little to moan about the module. It is one of the most accomplished ones I think.  Will be happy to see INS & radar fixes (although no sure the radar is not a reflection of the real stuff and have read plenty of issues on other aircraft radars too).  

• Like 1

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Il 9/3/2021 at 18:30, TLTeo ha scritto:

This has been fixed in the last update

Edited by =36=Witcher
  • Thanks 1

I've always been pleased with the Mirage since it came out. It's had bugs like anything else but it's a blast to fly, and it's currently being used for training by the french air force, so it must be pretty good if it's good enough for them!

Love flying fast high-altitude intercepts or getting into knife fights against any other jet. The Mirage is lovely to operate.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

1 hour ago, kengou said:

J'ai toujours été satisfait du Mirage depuis sa sortie. Il y avait des bugs comme n'importe quoi d'autre mais c'est génial de voler, et il est actuellement utilisé pour l'entraînement par l'armée de l'air française, donc ça doit être plutôt bien si c'est assez bien pour eux!

J'adore voler des interceptions rapides à haute altitude ou participer à des combats au couteau contre tout autre avion à réaction. Le Mirage est agréable à utiliser.

The Mirage 2000B is used for training, the Mirage 2000C of the 2/5 Île de France is used for air interception, this aircraft is also used in external operations alongside the 2000D and Rafale. 😉

The Mirage 2000B is used for training, the Mirage 2000C of the 2/5 Île de France is used for air interception

He was talking about the DCS module, not the real plane 😉

• Like 2

Win10 64 / Intel Core i5-9400F/ 32Go RAM / GeForce GTX 2070s / HOTAS Warthog

french speaking here...

Callsign ZeeWag on DCS

Callsign "Wagner" since 1998 (Falcon 4.0, Longbow II...)

After the last OB update where INS updates finally work, and offset waypoints can now be added with 1m accuracy, there's almost nothing the Mirage has billed that it can't do. It has rockets that actually damage things, all bombing modes (CCIP/CCRP/Offset) all work as they should, and Magics and 530's seem to operate normally. Ever since then it has been one of my favorite aircraft. RAZ did an awesome job updating it and the main campaign is excellent. I would definitely go for it. In the numbered list above, 1, 3 and 4 have already been fixed. Offset bombing is very accurate, just follow the procedure outlined by @Frederf here

The only major gripe I have is the gun sight. It behaves like the old Hornet and Viper ones did if you remember those. It's not accurate in terms of ranging so it needs some tweaking. Definitely usable but if you're used to the Hornet's excellent gun sight the Mirage can be a kick in the pants.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I bought Mirage last week and its amazing. I love the handling qualities - just simple flying around is a blast. With no other aircraft I would be able to dance as elegantly with 3 Eagles as this:

I would like to thank developers for this beautiful modul - and looking forward to, hopefully, dash 5 Mk2 ;). (And also Mirage IIIC)

O.

• Like 3

Yes, the mirage is just awesome!

Kind of regret a bit that this wasn't my first module...

Which servers would you recommend to not always have to deal with fox 3 and stuff? So kind of a cold war server.... 

The Mirage was my first DCS full fidelity module.  I have flown it for a little over a year and change now.  It is a damned good fighter.  It has its issues but they are because of its age.. it isn't a new late fourth gen fighter like everything else in the game.  It is one of the few fighters that is actually a cold war fighter.   It's air to ground capacity is a bit limited but it isn't horrible.  But don't expect to go into heavy SAM country and expect to not get shot.   

It's also lack of a decent counter to the late spamraam missiles.  It would be nice to have the later model 2000-5 as an option.   But honestly I fly my Mirage more than my F/A-18C Hornet because it is just easier to deal with.  And I can often just dance around missiles.