Aircraft not taxiing back to correct position after sortie and more

Ducksen

On most occasions during the Zone 5 campaign, hammer does not taxi back to his own starting slot. He wants to come inn on a slot closer. He ends up standing still and waiting for us to move.

Had he taxied to the one he started at things would work just fine.

Solution to me here seems to just check that coldstart slot matches paring slot.

Other note. I have had instances where the F5's that are parked in the slot infront of ours, have a different paint job when coming back. And then to discover that a pair of F5's taxi inn behind them and they all enjoy a pair of goodness gracious great balls of fire right there on their parking slots.

The issue here might be that they are not removed when we leave the runway so they are empty when we return. Seems that way to me.

Forgive me for not playing though the missions again to specifically identify each instance of these happenings. All I can say, is that they are frequent throughout.

Visual solution for me is to end the mission directly on the runway instead of taxiing back to starting point.

Regards

Ducksen

Hi Ducksen,

Very well spotted! It's all true and happens in all missions. It's because the aircraft leaving Nellis are not the same units as the ones you meet at the range, and not the same as the ones coming back. Even your wingmen get swapped secretly.

I HAD TO do this, because AI fuel consumption is terrible. If I used the same unit, they would RTB halfway through the engagement or run out of fuel and crash. The 'lesser evil' is to swap them secretly, but then I cannot assign the same parking spot to them, because those are already occupied by their alter-egos.

I thought this is still much easier to live with than with missions getting ruined by the lack of the AI's fuel management.

Just taxi back wherever you like, shut down and exit. The AI takes much longer to land anyway.

Thank you for your answer.

I understand what you say about 'having to do so'.

Is there a solution where the original aircraft ''hammer'' has a parking spot something else than the coldstart, and direct the clones to park where hammer started? In this way it may not be occupied?

Anyway, I understand the lesser of a great deal of evils is the way it is today.

I just love this campaign and wanted to highlight this issue to help.

Keep up the great work Reflected Simulations!