Air Combat Sim with NineLine - post your questions here

baltic_dragon

Wow... Happily found this thread and now marked the ACS to calender to be listened in a car. 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Right until this point I totally mistaken about who this intervew was about ... oops, so maybe the questions I had weren't that fitting.

I thought this was with the Founder of ED. One of those moments when eyes read something and the mind sees another.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

1 hour ago, Worrazen said:

Right until this point I totally mistaken about who this intervew was about ... oops, so maybe the questions I had weren't that fitting.

I thought this was with the Founder of ED. One of those moments when eyes read something and the mind sees another.

Don't worry,they barely asked 3 user questions in the first part wich is 1 HOUR.

They'll most likely ignore yours and probably the rest 

Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, so I don't see a date for the second part.  Is it out already?

EDIT: Ok, I see the date under details.  1st part Came out yesterday.  So, I guess a while until the second part.

Edited by 3WA

It was pretty informative, and I enjoyed it. However, one of the participants seemed to have their microphone inside of their nose, because there was an annoyingly loud breathing noise throughout. That’s an easily solved issue though, again, really enjoyed the content. 

16 hours ago, 3WA said:

Hmm, so I don't see a date for the second part.  Is it out already?

EDIT: Ok, I see the date under details.  1st part Came out yesterday.  So, I guess a while until the second part.

It should be out on Monday the latest, possible before that. 

12 hours ago, Chunk said:

It was pretty informative, and I enjoyed it. However, one of the participants seemed to have their microphone inside of their nose, because there was an annoyingly loud breathing noise throughout. That’s an easily solved issue though, again, really enjoyed the content. 

Sorry, my bad during rendering / mixing - missed that part. Second should be better 🙂

13 hours ago, iFoxRomeo said:

I'm not so sure of that 99%

Waiting for the next part of this interview.

Well, maybe 95%. But the whole second hour is just going through the long list 🙂

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

On 3/23/2021 at 11:31 PM, Chunk said:

Pretty much that !

Am currently listening to it and it sounds like someone is snoring in the background at some points... Quite awkward 😅

Honestly I didn't dislike each of those points being discussed in it's proper depth it deserves in the first episode.

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team

I didnt notice the snoring but maybe my hearing is bad lol. My money is on Ninelines dog. 🙂

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

¿Can somebody put on a post all part 1 and 2 questions and answers?

Not a complete list and I'm unable to recall the specific questions , but a basic summary of major points from the top of my head ( no claim of completeness, feel free to add to it or correct the points ) in no particular order: 

@NineLine you,  of course especially, are free to correct me if you feel that  I miss-represented any of your answers in my summary.

Mosquito: Nick Grey  didn't like external model, ordered complete re-do of it, which is now WIP, module therefore delayed until some time after 2.7 release

Hind:         raises bar in cockpit modelling, includes new cool feature (already announced to be the baked raytraced reflections, <-this reveal was not part of the interview) . 

MP in-game voice comms Still work in progress , no timeline, sounded like long way off, given that available freeware alternative SRS  is already very good

Me-262:        Unlikely at the moment for various reasons(Nineline also posed the question, how much use / fun it would actually add to DCS if modelled correctly with its unreliable engines) , also Nick Grey's  personal favourite seems to be the Grumman Hellcat, so that one is more likely.

Missile Performance/ Weapons effectiveness / better  Ship damage model: Still Work in progress , no timeline

AI:  Work- in progress , no timeline , Nineline thinks current AI is  already decent, actually not bad in his personal opinion

new ATC:  work in progress, no timeline

How are future modules selected? : depends on variety of factors  ( available documentation, license, SME availability, financial viability, how popular/how much is it requested , not only by vocal minorities)  Side point : Tornado and Rafale popularity is acknowledged, but as mentioned, other factors play a role too.

Plans for future payware maps: eventually yes, but nothing specific yet.  For now focus is on improving Channel map and getting 2nd free map of pacific islands out the door. Side point: Users likely can choose which free map they want to use, if limited harddisk space is an issue.

How do you manage the community/keep tally of everything ?:  On how to  engage: depends on personal stance / being positive  - On volume of interaction:   Sharing workload with BigNewy works well and helps handling it.

Mig-29:  Yes, planned, several employees / developers have high interest in it, at least one of them is a former Mig-29 pilot, within-company enthusiasm is there, no timeline 

Rework of older modules / Helicopters cockpits: Yes , in general ED likes to keep all their modules  up to date as new technology / graphics become available / standard, but it's a matter of available manpower and time. So WIP, no timeline /when they get around to it.

Easier accessibility of mods for MP community: Yes ED is looking into ways for providing this from server-side, i.e. option for automatic download of required mods from server when joining, so the users no longer have to download everything individually before joining.

Inclusion of user-made updated models and or skins in core:  Yes, ED has positive stance towards this,  some high quality user skins already have been officially included, better 3D - models by users are a possibility as well , at least as interim solution, until ED gets around to updating their own legacy 3D models.

Well , that's it for starters. As I said , likely incomplete, feel free to add. Still hope it helps a bit for those that don't have the time or possibility to listen to the 2 parts .

Kind regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

• 4 months later...

Do the Lot 20 Hornet SME's and programmers working on the flight model have access to and consult the dash 210 (which seems to be very hard to find...still classified?) performance manual for the Lot 20 jet with the enhanced performance engines? 

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display