View Keeps resetting zoom level

Zoom Problem.trk You can see whats going on in the Trk file. Mission starts out way zoomed in. I rest hitting Numpad Enter and it goes back. I then zoom out slow and it still fights me and snapped back.

This all started with the update at the end of February, Subsequent updates have not fixed the problem.

So far I have Uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I Ran the Fix DCS program. I also looked for conflicting Commands that could cause it. I deleted all ability to zoom with the keyboard mouse or Hotas. The problem is still there. I even used a different Keyboard just in-case that was the cause. Still no change.

I am running DCS open Beta v 2.5.6.61527 this happens in the A10 II A10C F15 however the F18 Hornet is fine, no problems.

Can any one help me figure this out. Is it a known bug that will be addressed in a later patch.

For now I believe I will Fly those planes in The stable version of DCS.

Thank you

A conflicting bind still seems like the most likely culprit, possibly some peripheral that has had an axis auto-assigned to zoom. DCS loves to randomly assign all kinds of buttons and axes to anything it detects with no regard for whether those binds make sense (or if the buttons even exist).

Rather than doing it piecemeal, try temporarily moving your %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input directory to somewhere safe and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, try moving each directory in it back in place one at a time until the problem pops up again — this will be your offending bind and you'll know more precisely where to look (or just nuke those specific binds and re-do them from scratch).

e: In fact, just in general, you should always start by looking in your user directory because it's usually there that the problem exists. Re-installing is one of the last steps you'd try because it so rarely resolves anything.

Edited by Tippis
  • Thanks 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Thanks

I removed the User profile, wow that reset everything! Well turns out I still had the problem. So since I only have the A10 installed I went through key binds like you suggested cleared the view settings still nothing. Then Cleared the Zoom settings, still having problems.

However I did a command search under "A10II Real" and I saw another category in zoom control. DCS was binding my throttle slider to a zoom command. Cleared that and now everything works like it should. I have the Warthog HOTAS.

If this problem shows up again with other users this would be the fix.