Dof Reality H3 and the Huey

Andrew u.k.

Has anyone got the Dof reality H3? I wondered how pedal turns and the yaw motion felt.

Is it worth the extra over the H2?

I mainly fly the Huey and A10, I figure it's not worth it for the A10, but with the Huey it might be really cool.

Cheers Andrew

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Andrew u.k. said:

That's a no then.
I've just ordered the h3 and I'll let you know in 3-4 weeks.

Sorry, I never even heard of this before I saw this thread. Looks awesome. Although I can't justify the purchase, I'm interested in your feedback :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

i use simtools and flypt mover for motion cueing.

i dont want to spend money on SRS, as FlyPT mover does most of everything that i want, i already paid for simtools.

there is no concrete place for settings.

i spend time on the x-simulator forums and discord.

angular position is basically straight forward. if you roll 0-90 degrees in game, then you are telling your motion platform roll 0-90 degrees ( or equivalent if your platform has limits, like 0 - 30 degrees)

angular velocity is the speed of which you hit that angle. so lets say your roll 0-90 degrees fast, then only the beginning of your roll will you have motion to roll 90 degrees, as the kick of the roll dies out, you will return back to 0 degrees...

and if you stay at 90 degrees in game, gradually your motion platform will slowly go back to  0 degrees, since the velocity of the roll is highest in the beginning of the roll....

think about hitting the gas pedal hard on the car.. you get jerked back (pitching back), even though your car is not pitching back... thats another way to describe velocity..

not sure if you got all that..

@Andrew u.k.  

the hardest part of having a motion platform is tweaking the settings per your preference.

one person might want much much motion to feel satisfied, where as another will have small movements, and still feel immersed.. 

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 3 weeks later...

I have now experienced the Huey shuffle!

DOF reality H3 is all set up and working.

First thought is that it brings the Huey alive. Bringing in the collective requires good anti torque control on approaches. The feedback comes through on the yaw access very well if you get behind the curve.

Heavy landings come through with quite a jolt, smooth landings, with no yaw and just a slight contact jolt are now very rewarding.

Pick up and taxi is very cool, the wobble in the hover all comes through while you get yourself stabilised.

I definitely recommend it, and it doesn't take up as much room as I thought it would.

Edited by Andrew u.k.
Spelling
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Andrew u.k. said:

Heavy landings come through with quite a jolt

Hmm, I can imagine going to the doctor, and telling him you hurt your back on a hard landing in your flight simulator. 😆

• 2 years later...

I know this is from 2 years ago, i tried searching and instead of making a new thread let me first try asking here. 

DOF is currently having a sale. So the p series and H series aren't too far apart in price. 

Two part question. I want motion, I already have full haptics and I love it. My plan is to upgrade in time to the 6 dof. 

Now, I fly mainly helicopters only. Haven't even touched fixed wing. I have been eyeing DOF realities products for several months. 

Does anyone know if, with the new SFU gearboxes, if there is still a speed/torque/and Range of montion advantage to the P series over the H? And does that continue at the 6dof level. 

I know the P series is commercial quality. I am the only one who would be using this product, for personal use. So I don't think it's necessary for that purpose.

So if after the SFU upgrade, the only difference is beefier motors, than I could save $700 and stick with the H series. However if ROM, speed and torque is still a factor, then the difference is $700 to get the P series right now. 

Thanks in advance. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 1:07 PM, TFS said:

I know this is from 2 years ago, i tried searching and instead of making a new thread let me first try asking here. 

DOF is currently having a sale. So the p series and H series aren't too far apart in price. 

Two part question. I want motion, I already have full haptics and I love it. My plan is to upgrade in time to the 6 dof. 

Now, I fly mainly helicopters only. Haven't even touched fixed wing. I have been eyeing DOF realities products for several months. 

Does anyone know if, with the new SFU gearboxes, if there is still a speed/torque/and Range of montion advantage to the P series over the H? And does that continue at the 6dof level. 

I know the P series is commercial quality. I am the only one who would be using this product, for personal use. So I don't think it's necessary for that purpose.

So if after the SFU upgrade, the only difference is beefier motors, than I could save $700 and stick with the H series. However if ROM, speed and torque is still a factor, then the difference is $700 to get the P series right now. 

Thanks in advance. 

Possibly too late to help you but you might find this conversation is helpful if you haven’t already pulled the trigger. 

I’d suggest looking up his other conversations with Jeff Weaver, who is apparently “the guy” when it comes to motion platform tuning. 

Edited by ShockandYaw

• 1 month later...

Hey there! I haven't tried the Dof Reality H3 myself, but I've heard good things about it. From what I've heard, the pedal turns and yaw motion are supposed to feel pretty immersive, especially for flying helicopters like the Huey. As for whether it's worth the extra over the H2, it might depend on how much you value those extra features.