Flight Plan Steer Point Auto

Hey all,

I looked, but I could not find the answer anywhere.  But, I am almost sure that this has been covered.  For that, my apologies.

By default the flight plan( FPMODE) is set to automatic (AUTO).  By this, I mean the the steerpoint will advance to the next waypoint automatically if you fly over it.  You can change this to manual  (MAN) in the CDU.  In manual, only the pilot can change the steerpoint.

On the CDU:

FPM --> 01 AUTO (Rotary) --> 01 MAN (Rotary)

I was wondering if anyone knew where to change this in a lua file so that the default setting would be set to manual (MAN).  Or possibly a setting that is changeable some where else.

Thanks in advance,

Caldera

Thanks Emmy,

I have no idea why it annoys me to repeat this process every single time.  Adding in disconnects, flubbed flights, controller issues or whatever, It begins to seem like this is the point of it all.

A real world pilot may fly one or two sorties a day (three in Desert Storm with hot reloads) and leave the power on between.  I can fly as many as I want

So then I forget ( as does jaylw ).   😶

It would be nice just to edit the file once and be done with it.  I can always change the setting to AUTO any time.

Caldera

• Like 1