Mission 12 -help with you vs four Su-27

You can check this track view in TAC View ...The key is during the dialog, at the half point in mission after turn to the right  - you  slow down slowly so that two su-27 behind you overfly, and then engage firstly 2 in front, and then other two... 

Tacview-20210302-215909-DCS-CI_12_v1.zip.acmi

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

After cutscene ends jettison tank, split S down to build up Energy.  Use the Energy to gain nose position by coming back up on their 6 low.  They should then be easy picking for missile shots at that altitude

Edited by Pixy67
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

Don't fight them. When you get control go full burner and jettison everything. Once the SU-27s start turning break east and low (keep up your speed, don't turn too hard). Lick the ground while heading east, they didn't launch a single missile at me.

Edited by sam_

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 5:17 PM, sam_ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Don't fight them. When you get control go full burner and jettison everything. Once the SU-27s start turning break east and low (keep up your speed, don't turn too hard). Lick the ground while heading east, they didn't launch a single missile at me.

Same here.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 years later...
Spoiler

After over 20 tries I actually managed to get all four of them... just to then get caught by the SU-30's coming my way later.
It was at that point that I decided this mission wasn't going to be won by fighting and instead just went full burner before the turn, built up speed and went for a long split-s.
You arrive at the deck with roughly Mach 1.3 - they never catch up and don't launch a single missile.

If you fly heading 100 instead of 90 for the first couple of minutes, the SU-30 don't even look at you, they turn straight for the other F/A-18C coming in for support and you can fly the rest of the way unbothered.