Iraq map concept

Yona_G

Yes please.

• Like 2

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I would expand this one to the north-west to combine it with the Persian Gulf and den Syria Map. DCS would have it's first "global" region, where exchange rate deviations in navigation occur, because the the distance, you could fly.

The next step could be expanding the Persian Gulf map to the south and south-east, including the Red Sea and more of the Gulf of Oman and the northern Arabian Sea.

Or expanding the Syria Map with another map, to merge the Mediterranean Sea with the Caucasus Map. Expanding this to the north, they could add the region of the Kosovo war or to the south, Agypt and Lybia. To beginn a global DCS map, this whole region would had the most potenial for mission/campaign designers.

• Like 5

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

i'm with this. Iraq is sadly missed in the game, missing iran-Iraq and everyone vs Iraq and the ISIL operations later. Yeah, it's pretty boring in that region but it offers a lot of fighting and usage of some fairly significant hardware that is often unique.
I'm also up for lots of other things and I am also happy with what I have.

• Like 2

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that... +1... and more of northern Iraqi mountains. with addition of this country to a new map, or preferably, as an extension to Persian gulf map, many scenarios can be added:

1- Iran-Iraq war with the most extensive use of tomcats in the world (plus lots and lots of MiG-21 vs F-5 scenarios)

2- The Gulf wars

3- Invasion of Iraq

4- Insurgencies and ISIS rise to power, and of course hammering ISIS

etc...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2021 at 9:17 AM, Yona_G said:

My proposal for a Desert Storm map 

That looks like a great map👍

Not just for Desert Storm and Iraq War, but more interestingly for the 1980s Iran Iraq war

The coalition actions against Iraq were a little one sided from an air Ops perspective, whereas the Iran - Iraq clash seems to have been far more closely balanced and involved some interesting tactics on both sides.

We also have, or have inbound, a good collection of aircraft for Iran v Iraq.  Mirage F1 v F-14 for example…

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Please no.  I understand for the younger generation the Gulf Wars and Afghanistan may be all they really know of, but please, no more desert sand maps.  

Anything green and coastal before another desert.  Far to much sand in my drawers already. 

• 5 weeks later...

850 x 850 km, more or less, is that doable in DCS? I like in the way it cover Iran-Iraq war, and can be used for Desert Storm as well, altough many of the coallition airfields were more to the south, but that's not a bad thing, it allows shorter flights, more DCS style. Very very interesting area selected, maybe Ugra should give it a try?

Edited by Stratos
  • Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

+1 Iraq/Saudi/Iran/Kuwait border map saw two all out wars, Iraq-Iran war 1980s and Desert Storm 1991. It would be great.

It's so strange we had PG map instead, maybe ED wanted more sea? IDK. But flying over Dubai will never have similiar atmosphere to flying over real life war zones, like Baghdad, Kuwait, Basra etc.

• Like 1

With ED hinting the Afghanistan map, I think another company should take this, I hope Is Ugra Media, they did a wonderful job on Syria, and I'm sure they will acomplish something even better with this kind of map!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!