Sniper XR for the Viper?

Gimonz

3 hours ago, Terzi said:

It doesn't really change the fact that this F-16 has the Sniper pod, whether ED was promising it or not, whether removing from the list or not. It is a fact that must be there at some point.

I guess it depends if ED can replicate it or not, the classified information regarding that pod (if any)..  If they are even allowed to replicate it per agreement with Lockhead.... etc... Just because it was available at that time and we want it, doesn't mean we get it..   I am going to go out on a limb and say that if all the information was available to ED and they are allowed to replicate it and stick it on the jet, they would do it..   It would be another check mark in the box of systems available to the end user (us) and would cause the viper to be more attractive for future sales...

This entire "must" have attitude is not going to work, especially when we (the end users) do not understand or know the agreements that are going on behind closed doors... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smoked said:

I guess it depends if ED can replicate it or not, the classified information regarding that pod (if any)..  If they are even allowed to replicate it per agreement with Lockhead.... etc... Just because it was available at that time and we want it, doesn't mean we get it..   I am going to go out on a limb and say that if all the information was available to ED and they are allowed to replicate it and stick it on the jet, they would do it..   It would be another check mark in the box of systems available to the end user (us) and would cause the viper to be more attractive for future sales...

This entire "must" have attitude is not going to work, especially when we (the end users) do not understand or know the agreements that are going on behind closed doors... 

I feel that this point seems to be forgotten anytime the wishlist is concerned. As was stated, ED is legally restricted in what they can do. Even something as simple as wanting to use the name “F-16 Fighting Falcon” has licensing considerations. The “Other sim” doesn’t have this problem (for the most part), because their sim is not for profit and does not require purchase. 

• Like 2

Aircraft:

A-10C|A-10C II|AV-8B N/A|AJS-37|F-14|F-15E|F-16C|F/A-18C|FC3|P-51D

KA-50|Mi-24P|SA-342|UH-1H|AH-64D

Terrains:

Syria|Persian Gulf|Normandy|NTTR|Sinai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Wags locked this topic