SA/HSI Page plane symbol

Herisson

I get this with "Cold and Dark" missions from Supercarrier. While airborne, I get some weird situation when the plane symbol on HSI/SA page faces any direction other than directly up. When departing from airfields - no prob. Starting from the air - no prob. Only from carriers. Repair didn't help.

Also, some sort of flight check items appear on the SA page occupying ~25% of the screen.
Sorry for the screenshot quality - was flying in VR

sa hsi.jpg

mighty pilot, so it seems

· Intel i7 8700K 3.7GHz · Asus 1080 Ti · HP Reverb · Virpil T-50CM2 base + stick · Virpil MT-50 Throttle · TM TPR Pedals

Looks like you didn't perform a proper alignment procedure based on the 'INS DEGD' and 'INS ATT' cautions:

- The 'INS DEGD' caution occurs when the aircraft's INS fails to pass a periodic BIT. This can occur if the INS is turned off or damaged.

- The 'INS ATT' caution occurs when the aircraft's attitude data is being provided by the standby attitude indicator. This can occur if the INS is turned off or damaged, or if the ATT switch on the UFC is set to STBY (ensure it is set to INS or AUTO).

Ensure you're performing the necessary CV alignment process. Some of the other cautions present indicate you haven't reset your FCS ('FCS', 'AIL OFF', 'FLAPS OFF' cautions).

The left DDI is the primary display for Cautions and Advisories. Advisories are non-critical problems shown on the ADV line at the bottom. Cautions are critical issues that require the pilot's attention, and will consume the display as-needed to ensure visibility. Cautions and Advisories that have been cleared will leave a blank space; these spaces can be cleared by pressing the Master Caution button while it is unlit (commonly referred to as "re-stacking"). Considering that the appearance of a Caution will illuminate the Master Caution button, it may need to be pressed twice (first to clear, second to re-stack). Any remaining cautions and advisories will reposition themselves starting from the bottom-left of the display.

Due to the priority of the left DDI as the primary display for cautions and advisories, it is not advised to use the left DDI for critical information display pages such as the SA page or radar page in order to prevent any potential cautions or advisories that may occur from obstructing the information.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 2

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• ED Team

Hi

it maybe related to another issue we have reported where INS does not align correctly on a moving carrier, but may also be incorrect procedure, only way to be sure is with a track replay.

thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

One thing to consider is that the default setting for the HSI is 'T UP' for Track Up. This means that the top of the HSI will reflect your aircraft's vector, which may not coincide with the direction of the nose on a carrier while it's moving. At full stop on the deck, the top of the HSI should coincide with the carrier's heading.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I got the same issue. I found a workaround though. After the INS finish the alignment. I switched to IFA, and changed the HSI to N UP, setting bullseye, waypoint etc. After I get airborne I revert the HSI back to T UP and the aircraft symbol faces up again as it should. 

i9 9900K | GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | M2 SSD 512 | SSD 1T | 2x HDD 2T | TM Warthog Stick & Throttle | TM TPR | TM MFD | TrackIR 5 Pro | Rift S

Found your problem - start up not according to manual but pure chaos.

1. You never use lights on CV, specially landing light!

2. It's recommended to start right engine first.

3.!!!! You can't do aligment with breaks set to OFF. It has to be on PARK. Besides from aligment it would be stupid to release breaks before rediness to taxi.

I really recommend RTFM, I can't tell if you missed anything else, pilot's body is obscuring half of switches.

• ED Team

I will mark this reported, we do have an alignment on cv report open.

but it is advisable to do a correct start up. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2