TPOD point zero

HR-Crumble

Hey all,

Just wondering is there a steer point zero yet enabled?

For instance you've got a pre-planned route that your tpod looks at each steer point as per usual but say you find a TOO somewhere what's the easiest way to swing the tpod around and find it?

We don't have marking yet like the Hog that I'm aware of. 

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Florence201 said:

You can create a new SP based on pod generated coordinates 

This requires manually typing the coordinates, right? Or is there a way to transfer the data from the TGP?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

29 minutes ago, HR-Crumble said:

Okay thanks guys. We used to have a good boresight function. Where has that gone?

I think ED determined that was not a realistic feature of the TPOD, and it was replaced with Snowplow.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

6 hours ago, HR-Crumble said:

Fair enough but SP doesn't seem to work. 

I can't get it to show my in the hud where the tdc box is. 

It should be half the hsd/fcr range. Never seems to work. 

I haven't verified it myself.  To test the range, you could quickly go TMS right to ground stablize (area track) and take a laser range measurement using first trigger detent.  The range shows up with an L in the lower left portion of the TGP display, in nautical miles.  It should be half the radar range plus a little bit for Pythagoras.

Right now I've found the fastest way to get sensors on target if you don't have a Maverick is:

1. Press SP on TGP (snowplow)
  2. Ensure zoom is all the way out (for faster slewing)
  3. Turn F-16 nose toward target of opportunity
  4. TMS up to ground stabilize TGP and allow slewing
  5. Slew TGP to target. There's a cue on the HUD in the form of a boxed dot [.], and assuming you have eyes on the TOO this is the best way to get TGP in the right vicinity

If you do have a Maverick, it's even faster:

1. On the SMS page of the Maverick, select VIS mode
  2. DMS fwd to select HUD
  3. TMS aft to slew Maverick to your flight path marker
  4. Now slew the boxed dot [.] on the HUD to the target. Both the mav and TGP will be looking at that location now.

Edited by Xavven
  • Like 1