I'd even hazard a guess that even at the end of the war K4's were more common that Griffon powered Spits.

I guess that was offset by allies much greater numerical advantage and the fact that at that time pilot training in Luftwaffe was extremely poor/fast (to keep up with the losses) so that Allied pilots were in general more skilled.

Both things are not a factor in DCS (especially multiplayer)

So yeah, a it would be great to have G6's instead (or just have both with limited K4 slots on servers) but for now we allied pilots just have to "git gud" and carry on.

SoW server often use mission with MW-50 disabled or limited access. So K-4 running max 1.45 ATA and Dora running 1.58/1.65 ATA makes nice match 🙂

I7 8700k 4.9GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus PRO, Ram 32 GB G.skill, Palit Gamerock OC 3090,Hotas Warthog, T.Flight Rudder Pedals

4 hours ago, PL_Harpoon said:

I'd even hazard a guess that even at the end of the war K4's were more common that Griffon powered Spits.

I guess that was offset by allies much greater numerical advantage and the fact that at that time pilot training in Luftwaffe was extremely poor/fast (to keep up with the losses) so that Allied pilots were in general more skilled.

Both things are not a factor in DCS (especially multiplayer)

So yeah, a it would be great to have G6's instead (or just have both with limited K4 slots on servers) but for now we allied pilots just have to "git gud" and carry on.

Definitely. 

Spit XIV deployment was very limited, only around a 100 or so operational at any one time compared to over 1000 Spit IXs available. The Griffon Spits were beasts, many average pilots struggled to adjust to the changes after being very familiar with Merlin variants and would be RTU to their Spit IX squadrons. 

The Tempest was a similar hot rod, limited deployment to better pilots in a handful of squadrons while the Typhoon had nearly 20 squadrons on station by 1945.

1 hour ago, grafspee said:

Prop in griffon spitfires rotate in opposite direction the merlin's, for take off you would use right rudder 🙂

Yes. I can imagine that’d be quite disconcerting if you’d been flying Merlin Spits for a couple of years…

The Mk XIV would be nice to have, if only to see just how different it is to the MkIX we have.

Wait....you mean left rudder for a Griffon spit takeoff, right? We need right rudder for all our current props. 

That said, it's not much more difficult than switching between the UH-1 and Mi-8. Same issue there, but isn't a big deal as long as you remember. 

YouTube Channel: "Clutch"

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @5.0Ghz | RTX3060 12GB | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Quest 2 | Warthog HOTAS | Sahaj 20cm Extension

2 hours ago, Nealius said:

Wait....you mean left rudder for a Griffon spit takeoff, right? We need right rudder for all our current props. 

That said, it's not much more difficult than switching between the UH-1 and Mi-8. Same issue there, but isn't a big deal as long as you remember. 

Yes right for Merlin, left for Griffon.