Extremely difficult to control.

nick10

Are you using trim controls?

Warbirds need to be trimmed often, especially when you take off and change RPM or lose weight (fuel,weapons). You need to balance the torque of the engine.

ASUS Z390 / Intel i7-9700K / 32 GB DDR4 / 1080Ti / HP Reverb 2 / Thrustmaster WH&TPR

Heath and Allen Zedi8 / TrackIR / Momo USB monitor / Akai MPD218

Get this bird up to speed, you probably climb too aggressively, so speed is very low in that case flying w/o trimming will be hard. 

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Trimmed or not, there shouldn't be need for keeping the stick jammed into any full position to fly the plane straight.

I suspect duplicated controller assignment, you better double check these.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

As others have said this sounds like duplicated controller assignments.

With a new aircraft install I always find pitch and roll assigned to my pedals (check toe brake axis as well) as well as stick,  etc. It’s best to check axis assignments before doing anything else, it only takes a couple of minutes.

I have found the P-47 to be a really unstable gun platform, especially compared to the Anton... nose fidgets around all over the place.

I’m pretty sure this is speed related (have trim set up on a hat switch so can easily tweak)... She seems to lose speed / energy much quicker than the other warbirds. Even very light control inputs / gentle, open turns results in the speed dropping right off

1 hour ago, rkk01 said:

I have found the P-47 to be a really unstable gun platform, especially compared to the Anton... nose fidgets around all over the place.

I’m pretty sure this is speed related (have trim set up on a hat switch so can easily tweak)... She seems to lose speed / energy much quicker than the other warbirds. Even very light control inputs / gentle, open turns results in the speed dropping right off

I disagree, i can do loops in this plane all day long, Anton looses speed a lot more in turns, loops are even harder in Anton.

P-47 is just super sensitive in pitch axis, so you probably forcing momentarily extreme AOA and this is killing speed.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

On 2/27/2021 at 8:39 PM, nick10 said:

I have a thrustmaster warthog and find the p47 hugely difficult to control. 

I have the stick jammed hard right back corner the whole time just to keep her level. 

I know it was a heavy bird but it feels massively underpowered 

On 2/27/2021 at 9:33 PM, InfinityWingman said:

Are you using trim controls?

Warbirds need to be trimmed often, especially when you take off and change RPM or lose weight (fuel,weapons). You need to balance the torque of the engine.

On 2/27/2021 at 10:53 PM, grafspee said:

Get this bird up to speed, you probably climb too aggressively, so speed is very low in that case flying w/o trimming will be hard. 

Trim adjustments on the 47 are very sensitive. A little goes a long way. Don't try to take off below 150 mph.

Immediately after taking off you will need to trim elevator up and rudder right. That's why you are pulling your stick back and right. Keep the bubble in the center.

Don't climb too steep. Raise gear first, then flaps after it is somewhat trimmed. Don't raise flaps too soon. Get up to around 165 mph first.

Do not drop below 150 mph. Then close your cowling flaps before 200 mph. Since TO speed is 150, there's a lot of work going on before 200.

You cannot use cowling flaps over 200 mph. It will cause buffeting and you may even break your rudder.

Once you master the trimming, this bird will virtually fly itself. Now landing is a whole 'nother chapter.  😆

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

I also found the Jug to be quite sensitive in pitch. My 20cm extension works well with 0 pitch/roll curves for the Mustang and Spit, but seems to need pitch curves for the Jug to get things more stable. I also find the nose to shoot upward during sharp banks, even with coordinated rudder.