RTX 3090

Sr.

Anyone got an extra laying around?Ā šŸ˜¬

Ryzen 7Ā 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OCĀ  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TBĀ NVME | HP Reverb G2Ā | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |Ā  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

5 hours ago, Sr. said:

Anyone got an extra laying around?Ā šŸ˜¬

Ā 

I want some of what you been smokin...

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro CoolerĀ |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext|Ā Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

40 minutes ago, dburne said:

Ā 

I want some of what you been smokin...

:smilewink:

Damn sure easier to obtain šŸ˜‰

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7Ā 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OCĀ  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TBĀ NVME | HP Reverb G2Ā | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |Ā  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

Damn sure easier to obtain šŸ˜‰

Ā 

Ha! Tru dat!Ā  šŸ˜€

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Only way I've found to get one in 20 or so days is to buy a whole new rig from a high end shop.Ā  Ā SeemsĀ they get an allotment.

Ā 

Yes I looked at getting the cheapest rig with a 3090 and then transferring it to my current rigĀ (3090 was a $1500 upgrade).Ā  It was cheaper than ebay for sure but methinks I'll wait lmao

Ā 

Ā Ā 

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2xĀ 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax CrystalĀ 

Strange, I have no issues with my 10900K andĀ my 3090.Ā 

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700KĀ Ā· MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 Ā· ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi Ā· MSI 32"Ā MPG321UR QD Ā· Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe Ā· 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb Ā· 2Tb HDD Ā· 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 Ā· Windows 11Ā Ā· Thrustmaster TPR Pedals Ā· Tobii Eye Tracker 5 Ā· Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip Ā· Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base Ā· Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3Ā Ā· Virpil Alpha Prime Grip Ā· Virpil Control Panel 2Ā Ā· Thrustmaster F-16 MFDsĀ Ā· HTC Vive Pro 2Ā Ā· Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I just pulled the plug on the Alienware R11 with the Rtx2090 ... well there version of it and 64gb / 3400mhz of xfury. They through in the best 4 year warranty they had $4800ish the reason behind this purchase is Iā€™m not a pc savvy builderĀ kinda guy. My R9 with the 2080 super is just not running my G2 is good as I need it too. Iā€™ve had a great experience with Alienware.

with all the updated stuff coming from Eagle Dynamics in the next couple of months/years why not.Ā 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9Ā 10900KF @ 5.1 GHzĀ - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090 Ā - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DWĀ @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPRĀ Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck MountsĀ 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020Ā 

Ā 

I have been looking at the R10 with the ryzen 5600x and a 6800xt for a while now. It priced at $1789ish with a few compromise in ram and ssd size. For these I can swap the ones in my present rig.
I just do not have any experience with a pre built pc. Difficult for me to know if with case they use, one can upgrade gpu in future. Some of these AIB made gpus are very huge and fitting them in could be problematic should choose to upgrade in future.

A tough one to either wait till things get a bit normal and get a gpu or get one of these pre-built pc on sale out there.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

If you go with Alienware I can assure youĀ thatĀ itā€™s a great rig for DCS. Itā€™s alittle loud when running it at high performance mode but others are upgrading the fans for that issue. I have not had any heating issues what so ever with my R9 and runs DCS and probably any other gameĀ with no probs... really. With Alienware machines you definitely have to run msi afterburner for the gpu because they donā€™t give you that option in there command center.
Im hoping this helps my G2 out... it better haha! If you do make sure to negotiate with the sales rep. They may not come down in the price for their high in machine but they will add stuff like programs, Ram and warranty. He added the best warranty and offered me 128gb of 3200mhz of Ram but I went with 64gb of 3400mhz and windows pro which I will not use the full potential of it. Anywho ! Alienware is a high price rig but itā€™s a great gaming machine. Also itā€™s the only way to get a 3090 right now. One more they manufacture they own gpu cards which are smaller then others. I think if you upgrade the gpu it will have to come from Dell... I think.

take careĀ 

Ā 

Edited by Burt
  • Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9Ā 10900KF @ 5.1 GHzĀ - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090 Ā - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DWĀ @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPRĀ Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck MountsĀ 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020Ā 

Ā 

If you go with Alienware I can assure youĀ thatĀ itā€™s a great rig for DCS. Itā€™s alittle loud when running it at high performance mode but others are upgrading the fans for that issue. I have not had any heating issues what so ever with my R9 and runs DCS and probably any other gameĀ with no probs... really. With Alienware machines you definitely have to run msi afterburner for the gpu because they donā€™t give you that option in there command center.
Im hoping this helps my G2 out... it better haha! If you do make sure to negotiate with the sales rep. They may not come down in the price for their high in machine but they will add stuff like programs, Ram and warranty. He added the best warranty and offered me 128gb of 3200mhz of Ram but I went with 64gb of 3400mhz and windows pro which I will not use the full potential of it. Anywho ! Alienware is a high price rig but itā€™s a great gaming machine. Also itā€™s the only way to get a 3090 right now. One more they manufacture they own gpu cards which are smaller then others. I think if you upgrade the gpu it will have to come from Dell... I think.

take careĀ 
Ā 
Salient point in your post. Thanks
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset