[AS INTENDED] Wrong changelog entry, Harrier still rolls forward without wheelchocks.

D4n

Please watch out in future to not add wrong changelog entries, thank you. (afaik it is even intended, that Harrier rolls forward at idle engine power without wheelchocks, or not?)

grafik.png

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

AFAIK the Harrier should be able rolling at idle engine, depending weight and terrain etc. Likely it would require little RPM increase to start rolling, but it would not stop by going idle.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

17 hours ago, Fri13 said:

AFAIK the Harrier should be able rolling at idle engine, depending weight and terrain etc. Likely it would require little RPM increase to start rolling, but it would not stop by going idle.

IMO at the moment the ground friction is too low, or the idle thrust is too high. You can reach very high speeds @idle thrust... No need to increase RPM to start rolling.

idle speed test.trk

Yes it takes off nicely when you apply NWS. At least on me it otherwise stays still if nose wheel is casting and happens to be off-angle. Once you apply NWS that will turn the nose wheel straight when no pedals are applied, it starts rolling. 

Some bug report stated that they got it up to 50 miles speed, but I have got it get to 64 miles speed.

But depending the weight and all, SME is required to tell that how it should start rolling. 

5 hours ago, felixx75 said:

Look at my trk-file. 96knots @idle thrust, then the runway ended...

Almost like only thing you would have needed was to rotate nozzles and you would have taken away 😄

Can I suggest the wheel brake?  It's quite useful.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Markin AS INTENDED, this was to fix the lurching motion when the chocks were removed and is not related in any way to ground idle thrust. Marking AS INTENDED and moving to RESOLVED.

• Thanks 1

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [AS INTENDED] Wrong changelog entry, Harrier still rolls forward without wheelchocks.