Some Commands Without PTT?

Goofeyfoot

Maybe it is my imagination, but it seemed that a few days ago my Vaicom Pro had a great feature.  But I have no idea how it got there, nor why it seems to be gone.

Specifically, a couple days ago, it didn't seem like I needed to press PTT to issue "in-plane" commands.  Those are ones I wrote like, "Flaps Down One Notch," "Auto," "Frame 2") [that shows the exterior of the plane].  In other words, I could activate my in-plane commands without involving the PTT buttons.  It was faster that way, and more realistic too since you wouldn't normally broadcast all your in-plane commands to the whole world.

I moved some files around and now that feature doesn't seem to work anymore, assuming it was an actual feature.

Is there any way to get this "feature" back?

Thanks.

Michael

Edited by Goofeyfoot

Are they in a separate profile daisy-chained to the Vaicom one? If so, try clicking the REL HOT button on the Vaicom PTT tab. This will leave VoiceAttack in listening mode when you release the PTT so you can speak these other commands

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

If you mean are my commands in a linked file, the answer would be yes.  So I take it that REL HOT means the mic stays hot for a second.

But before was different.  I just said the word and my flaps came down.  Instant response. No button fumbling.  Can I get back to that?

• Like 1

No @hornblower793 is spot on, it leaves the mic hot for all commands in the linked/daisy chained/appended profile but not the Vaicom commands

So if Rel Hot is clicked, the orange light on the Vaicom Panel turns orange and you can issue commands that are in your linked/daisy chained/appended profile without having to press any Buttons on the HOTAS. The mic is live all the time to the  linked/daisy chained/appended BUT NOT Vaicom

To issue Vaicom commands you still need to use the appropriate PTT see page 33 of the manual

• Like 1