Online Server Performances

A.S

Yeah baby, it's time to go mig huntin' ;)

It would be great if we got some real life data on how far it's possible to normally

see planes in good weather, we could make a new visibility table to better match this!

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Well the real life data says that any MiG-29 should be the easiest one to spot visualy among all modern fighters because of it's... engines smoke :D But that's another story...

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Yeah baby, it's time to go mig huntin' ;)

It would be great if we got some real life data on how far it's possible to normally

see planes in good weather, we could make a new visibility table to better match this!

Many people seem to know what is real visibility by reading stuff on net.

Make it easy..... as i said...climb a HILL...and see how far u can see trucks or busses ,) at good weather.

But if you wanna see a classifications of Fighter types and what is BVR and what not (standartations of term BVR or in visual range) ....our DATA-base yoda...somewhere there there is something in pdf style....:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real data classifies WVR somewhere within 7nm - you CAN spot a plane farther, but for whatever reason 7nm was the barrier for the bigger fighters (F-15, F-14).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I tested my eye last week when an MiG-21 made a low pass over my town and pulled a climbing spiral- man this plane is hard to spot! I would estimate that I lost it at range of 5-6km at blue sky. I could hear the roar of the engine for about a minute after I lost it.

I also read a lot of released to the press reports from the recently organized coop exercise "Mako Javellin 2008" between 93rd Fighter squadron from the 39th FW "Makos" based at Homestead AFB, Florida (part of USAF reserve) and 1st and 2nd Fighter squadrons of 3rd Graff Ignatievo AFB, Bulgaria. During the typical scenarios 2v2 F-16C (block 30) vs MiG-21 and 1v1 F-16 vs MiG-29 CAC the US pilots report that the 21 is extremely hard to spot visualy, especially in look down view- in that case they say you see it not further than 2.5-3.5nm (having it locked on radar for assistance), in look up at blue sky it's about 4nm and at the same altitude they've been able to have visual on it from 4.5-5nm. The 29 have been much easier to see, of course because of the "unique" feature of it's engines.

Shocking story I heard once from Fisben, avionics engineer from the MiG Company and part of the ED team- during test flights, namely head on intercept between 29s the GCI calls "Target headon, range 48(km)". The answer has been.... "I got visual"...

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Shocking story I heard once from Fisben, avionics engineer from the MiG Company and part of the ED team- during test flights, namely head on intercept between 29s the GCI calls "Target headon, range 48(km)". The answer has been.... "I got visual"...

In real or Sim ... :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]