Tell me I am not Dreaming

Early access is subjective, so there is always somebody that will complain.

But I agree that I wouldn't release it on a level equivalent to the F-16C EA.

That said, since there is a document that covers all of the systems in the aircraft (except some ASE stuff) available to download, it's going to be easy to calculate the level of systems implementation at release.

I think Belsimtek are in charge of this or am I completely wrong?

When the MI-8 came out it was very basic, a perfect flight model that slowly grew in completeness as time (long..years) went on.

It was a joy from the get go to completion.

if ED is building it, then yes we need near completion at early access, if Belsimtek are building it.... yeah.... I am not so fussy.

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:

Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate.

Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 2 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA.

My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed.

VR Driver system:

I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3

[code][code][code][code]

[/code][/code][/code][/code]200 Hz. No OC at the mo.

51 minutes ago, Rogue Trooper said:

I think Belsimtek are in charge of this or am I completely wrong?

When the MI-8 came out it was very basic, a perfect flight model that slowly grew in completeness as time (long..years) went on.

It was a joy from the get go to completion.

if ED is building it, then yes we need near completion at early access, if Belsimtek are building it.... yeah.... I am not so fussy.

Uh... if I understand the situation correctly...

Belsimtek was CREATED BY Eagle Dynamics, in part to show other 3rd party devs how they could make modules efficiently. And that a couple of years ago, Belsimtek was rolled into ED, so they are all ED employees now, and been working on ED modules for some time.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

Uh... if I understand the situation correctly...

Belsimtek was CREATED BY Eagle Dynamics, in part to show other 3rd party devs how they could make modules efficiently. And that a couple of years ago, Belsimtek was rolled into ED, so they are all ED employees now, and been working on ED modules for some time.

I believe Belsimtek broke away from ED to create modules for DCS world. 

They took a whole hunk of experience with them to create a new independent company but ended up merging back into ED..... possibly for cash reasons?

I think experience in DCS and Cash are the key words here.... apparently, and I would love this to be true, they still exist as a somewhat solid belsimtek entity.... I hope so because they were cool and fast.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:

Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 2 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA.

VR Driver system:

[code][code][code][code]

2 hours ago, DaemonPhobos said:

But I agree that I wouldn't release it on a level equivalent to the F-16C EA.

I'm certain that I heard Nick Grey, the owner of ED, state during an interview, maybe even multiple interviews, that ED has no intention of repeating the F-16 Viper early release mess. I kind of think they feel a little embarrased about it, and he has vowed to never repeat that mistake again. I believe it has caused a few changes to how they conduct quality control and product assesments. 

All in all, very good news, since with such high complexity and high precision product, they are taking steps to learn from mistakes and evolve. We ALL make mistakes from time to time, it's how we handle the aftermath that separates the dedicated professionals striving for excellence, from the low value "whatever, I got paid" wannabes.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rogue Trooper said:

They took a whole hunk of experience with them to create a new independent company but ended up merging back into ED..... possibly for cash reasons?

You may be right, I'm the furthest from an insider about those two entities. But I thought this was a deliberate move by ED, not wayward employees striking out on their own. But again, I don't really know, I'm just going off of an impression I got from an old interview some time ago, and impressions can sometimes be wrong.

I once worked for a construction company. Small, just 18 employees at that time. After a few years I gained a lot of trust there, and then learned that from a legal standpoint, it was not one single company. The vehicle fleet was actually two different companies: one for the owners/managers and sales guys. The second was the actual work vehicles. They were separate business entities, different tax identifier numbers. Same thing for the "company" that a client would hire: this kind of work would be under company 5B. That kind of project would be done with 2S. And in a year or two, those companies would be folded, in legal and accounting terms, and new "numbered companies" were created for the sales people to get clients to sign contracts to, sign transfers to. But to us construction workers, it was all "ACME Roadrunner Building" and we answered the phone that way, got paid from ACME on our cheques.

Part of the purpose was for tax writeoffs, part of it was to limit the vast damage a really bad legal suit could do to the company, our employer. But it was also because sometimes you just want to insulate this part of a company from the issues happening in that other part of the company.  

I thought, that maybe this was a variation of this. Separate, but with same owner. But that might be wildly wrong! Again, it was just an impression from when they described Belsimtek merging with ED.

Yeah, always hard to say, 

But Belsimtek, especially with the MI-8 was very special for me..... there was a connection.

Belsimtek for me can do no wrong.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:

VR Driver system:

[code][code][code][code]

38 minutes ago, Rogue Trooper said:

This isn't quite accurate according to interviews; I don't recall if it was Wags or Nick Grey. Belsimtek was created by ED as a separate, but temporary, studio to validate the processes for incorporating 3rd Party dev products. So while it is true they were a separate entity in some capacity, they were always part of ED.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.

DCS Rotor-Head

7 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

This isn't quite accurate according to interviews; I don't recall if it was Wags or Nick Grey. Belsimtek was created by ED as a separate, but temporary, studio to validate the processes for incorporating 3rd Party dev products. So while it is true they were a separate entity in some capacity, they were always part of ED.

Perhaps.... but I am smitten to the Belsimtek name.

Apart from the Huey, they served us chopper guys good and proper with the MI-8 and they will do it again with the Hind.

The Fanboy has spoken.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:

VR Driver system:

[code][code][code][code]

Well, whatever the case is, Belsimtek sure made some very nice modules, no doubt!

I seem to think that at least one of the people who worked on the Mi-8 is part of the team making the Mi-24 Hind. That may or may not be the same gentleman who used to fly Mi-8's before he was grounded due to medical, and became a programmer. So, I'm very confident that the Hind is in great hands, and I've no doubt that the Apache is being developed with a high degree of quality too.

Keep in mind, as far as I know, I think Eagle Dynamics is the second oldest maker of flight simulations... the only one with more experience is based in the Seatle area and makes spreadsheets, word processors and operating systems... sometimes some mice and sticks!  All others developing flight based simulations for retail sales (I'm not talking CAE level sims for airliners here) are either much newer to the game, or have been shut down or merged. 

check out these eyecandy screenshots from their first sim!!

https://www.myabandonware.com/game/su-27-flanker-2ej

One thing that I remember very clearly, is that first Flanker had a very nice book, no idea how many pages (maybe 100 pages???), but that training manual book included the first description I read of the S-300, and that was a HUGE shock to me, had no idea it existed or that it was so capable. So realism and quality was ED's focus even way back when it could only use 16 color graphics! 

1 hour ago, Rick50 said:

You may be right, I'm the furthest from an insider about those two entities. But I thought this was a deliberate move by ED, not wayward employees striking out on their own. But again, I don't really know, I'm just going off of an impression I got from an old interview some time ago, and impressions can sometimes be wrong.

I understand that ED purposely started a Belsimtek to generate information as example how to make a company to make DCS World modules. So they made it as example for others that how business is done and works and then after they produced the wanted results, it got merged back to ED. So when studios approach for ED to business model, ED could use Belsimtek as example how to run the business and development. 

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.