Jump to content

Slewing consecutive Mavericks to the same point set by TD box


Fred00
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I'm in Visual mode and I have designated a point with the HUD TD box, I press TMS up to ground stabilize. I slew the Maverick onto the target, lock it and fire. How do I get the next Maverick to slew directly to where the HUD TD box is? If I press TMS aft the TD box is boresighted and I have to start over again. If I'm having several targets in the same spot it would be handy to be able to slew consecutive Mavericks to the same spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Fred00 said:

So I'm in Visual mode and I have designated a point with the HUD TD box, I press TMS up to ground stabilize. I slew the Maverick onto the target, lock it and fire. How do I get the next Maverick to slew directly to where the HUD TD box is? If I press TMS aft the TD box is boresighted and I have to start over again. If I'm having several targets in the same spot it would be handy to be able to slew consecutive Mavericks to the same spot.

It will be ground stabillised as long as the tgt remains in the seeker FOV gimbal limits. If you fly through the tgt area, you’ll need to reacquire the tgt

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Florence201 said:

It will be ground stabillised as long as the tgt remains in the seeker FOV gimbal limits. If you fly through the tgt area, you’ll need to reacquire the tgt

Yes, but if I fire a Maverick, can I get the next one to slew directly to where the HUD TD box is pointing (ie where the previous Maverick was first ground stablized)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fred00 said:

Yes, but if I fire a Maverick, can I get the next one to slew directly to where the HUD TD box is pointing (ie where the previous Maverick was first ground stablized)?

As long as you’re still heading towards the tgt yes. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as I know, you can't and the wisest choice is carrying a targeting pod and use this to lock your mavs. Because the TGP will stay right were it is, and you can handoff your mavs then one after another. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you tried just selecting HUD as SOI with DMS up after firing then TMS up again to drop back down to the next Mav WPN screen using the same TD box position?, or does the TD box re-set doing it that way as well? If DMS up doesn't work, try switching to MRM then cancel back to A-G again as per the method from 'that other sim' to set SOI as HUD without needing TMS down.

 

Prior to designating a target, the TD box is caged about the FPM. The TD box can be positioned on the target either by manoeuvring the aircraft or with the cursor switch. The target is designated by positioning the TMS up. Designating the target ground stabilises the TD box on or near the target and automatically moves the SOI to the MFD WPN format. Target rejection should be commanded by manually selecting the HUD as the SOI with DMS up and positioning the TMS down. Currently you need to switch master mode (for example to MSL OVRD or DGFT) and then back to A-G to return SOI to the HUD.

 

 

Edit: But yes taking a TPOD and using PRE is the best way to do it...


Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...