TAD waypoint lines missing

Osita

After updating DCS World to latest version, the TAD no longer has waypoint lines when starting mission from a warm start.  Previously to make the waypoint lines disappear either needed to select LOFF or spend too much time taxiing around on the ground (for some reason). Now they never appear in the first place, even if I do a fresh DTS upload. Also now the LOAD option is always present on the left MFD, where this was not the case before (seems they have removed left TGP option to add this change). I think that makes it too possible to accidentally perform a load operation if we mash the buttons without looking.

Anyone know how to fix either of these problems and willing to share the solution?

1 hour ago, Osita said:

Also now the LOAD option is always present on the left MFD, where this was not the case before (seems they have removed left TGP option to add this change). I think that makes it too possible to accidentally perform a load operation if we mash the buttons without looking.

How so? You'd still have to hit at least two OSBs consecutively in order to re-load any of the systems. If that happens, I don't think there's any way to prevent a player from doing things accidentally. 😛

1 hour ago, Osita said:

After updating DCS World to latest version, the TAD no longer has waypoint lines when starting mission from a warm start.

It's possible the default position of the STEER PT dial was changed in case of warm starts. Just cycle it to the FLT PLAN position and the waypoint lines should be back.

During a cold start, you have to do this anyway, so I'd recommend you practice a bunch of cold starts and generally take a closer look at the CDU. Can't do much in the A-10C without it. 😉

OK thanks for these suggestions. I will give them a try. It must be that the defaults have been adjusted for this version because it's now so different. And yes, previously to get the load menu, I had to hold in the OSB and wait, and then press another OSB, but in this newer version (or mine, anyway) it is now always there. Plus no TGP on left MFD and the MAV is now on the left instead of the right, and a few other changes like that. Definitely not what I expected to happen, and no longer matches what is in the manual. It'snot bothering me, but just surprising me because it was a big unexpected change (most especially the MAV switching to the left, which means I have to change my habits now).

I appreciate you taking the time to give so much good information and suggestions for what I can try.