Is there a way to cancel trim in the Su-25T?

As I am waiting for my new flight stick and throttle (Thanks again Hitman!) I realized while watching Ironhands tutorials to cancel trim when leaving an autopilot mode. No kidding! It gets really nasty to fly it if you leave an autopilot mode when you are not level.

IS THERE A CANCEL (NEUTRAL) TRIM KEY FOR THE T-TOAD? I'm imagining that I programmed the wrong key because it never seemed to work right.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like in the real Su, there is not a reset trim function modeled. You need to add or quit trim pressing the switch until the green lights get on again.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Like in the real Su, there is not a reset trim function modeled. You need to add or quit trim pressing the switch until the green lights get on again.

So... I'm banking to the left with the autopilot on and cancel it because I feel that my speed won't keep the turn without sinking... what would YOU do?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would turn off the auto pilot before entering the turn or turn AP off and try to correct the trim while flying. But I spend most of my time in a parachute anyway :D, so not the best pilot by far.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I haven't flown in ages but what I used to do with the 25T to cancel the trim was use the emergency leveling mode autopilot for a second or 2, I think it's ALT-3 to engage/disengage it.

It's not a proper trim cancel but it's probably about as close as you're gonna get on the 25t as it automatically trims the aircraft for level flight.

yeah, if that happens to me (ie. I get in a turn, whilst in AP and then cancel it out mid turn), I just use inputs to get the aircraft straight and level, then hit the Attitude hold AutoPliot.

After a second or two, this will re-trim the aircraft to my current attitude...as long as that attitude was what I wanted, then I disengage AP and I'm trim'd.

but yeah, the best solution is to not use inputs while in an AP mode!

So... I'm banking to the left with the autopilot on and cancel it because I feel that my speed won't keep the turn without sinking... what would YOU do?

You wouldn't do that in auto pilot except for the ALT hold mode. Also- compensate with throttle. If the bank is a severe one- you must be engaged in some form? In that case- I'd be in manual. I don't recommend an AP when you are in the heat of a battle, or pulling evasive action while trying to escape.

Remember when we discussed how the AP can assist you with imbalanced loads, or to release big/ heavy weapons at 2 separate targets?

also- NO "cancel trim" function on AFM planes. The closest thing to that is the "panic" AP mode which does levels you off, but it's trimming the plane according to the airspeed when you activated it.

Edited by S77th-konkussion

I haven't flown in ages but what I used to do with the 25T to cancel the trim was use the emergency leveling mode autopilot for a second or 2, I think it's ALT-3 to engage/disengage it.

It's not a proper trim cancel but it's probably about as close as you're gonna get on the 25t as it automatically trims the aircraft for level flight.

is

That is what I do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You wouldn't do that in auto pilot except for the ALT hold mode. Also- compensate with throttle. If the bank is a severe one- you must be engaged in some form? In that case- I'd be in manual. I don't recommend an AP when you are in the heat of a battle, or pulling evasive action while trying to escape.

Remember when we discussed how the AP can assist you with imbalanced loads, or to release big/ heavy weapons at 2 separate targets?

also- NO "cancel trim" function on AFM planes. The closest thing to that is the "panic" AP mode which does levels you off, but it's trimming the plane according to the amount of throttle when you activated it.

LOL! No, I tend to stay away from ANY autopilot mode when Im engaged! Especially when I'm encountering ATA contacts! :doh: Can you imagine someone complaining that the autopilot doesn't evade missiles for you!! Some people just played too much "Top Gun" on the Nintendo.

I'm talking about the following situation:

I find myself avoiding vibration by throttling back enroute, then the enroute mode autopilot WITH altitude stabilizaion mode makes a course change that is too abrupt and without human intervention youll auger into the ground. There is the "quick disengage" key but I usually like to take full control and 100% disengage the auto mode to be safe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you have trim issues simply hit Panic button!

No it's not Ctrl+e+e+e for ejecting as you might have thought! Panic button is a feature that places your jet in straight and level attitude allowing you some time to prepare for your next move. IRL every plane has a panic button so should AFM Su-25(T) featured in LOFC!

When you override your autopilot with a pinky lever switch on the stick and you feel your plane has a tendency of let's say...a left rool combined with pitch up you should start counterin it by adding some right roll trim and pitch down trim. If it takes more time than you expected and you got some hills in your flight path simply hit the panic button that will keep you straight and level 'til you're able to adjust your attitude manually without any obstacles threatening you!

Edit:

I don't fly Frogs in LOFC very often or more precisely I tried it few times so some of my statements may be false! But I believe Panic button is properly modelled with Su-25T in LOFC.

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As mentioned, there are set ACS Modes in the T-Toad for a specific set of circumstances.

Once your relevant mode is engaged, you can momentarily override the AP by the following:

Enter "Momentary Override Mode" (Default Keypress [Alt] [~] as per manual - On my keyboard it is [Alt] [`]. Easier in any event to assign your own keypress :)).

Allows momentary manual control to adjust your attitude/altitude. However be aware that the override in Combat Steering ACS Mode will only allow control over the Pitch of the Airframe - ACS will retain control over the Bank angle.

Important also to always keep an eye on the ACS limitations, ie 15 Degree AOA/3G.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

As I am waiting for my new flight stick and throttle (Thanks again Hitman!) I realized while watching Ironhands tutorials to cancel trim when leaving an autopilot mode. No kidding! It gets really nasty to fly it if you leave an autopilot mode when you are not level.

Hint: on the real Su-series the button for "horizon" AP mode is on the stick.

You want the best? Here i am...

Here are all the AP modes available in the T-Frog;

AP override Alt~ (hold to activate)

AP Attitude hold Alt 1

AP Altitude/roll hold Alt 2

AP 'Panic' (returns to levevl flight Alt 3

AP Barometric Altitude hold Alt 4

AP Radar Altitude hold Alt 5

AP Route following Alt 6

AP disengage Alt 9

I find the AP attitude hold the most useful; after any sort of action -including using ordnance from one wing (where plane in then unbalanced) it then re-trims quickly for you. Then disengage to continue opps.

Alt/roll is handy for 'surveying' the field -spotting for targets or what-ever.

Baro alt hold is good for en-route to waypoints etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

• 4 years later...
Here are all the AP modes available in the T-Frog;

AP override Alt~ (hold to activate)

AP Attitude hold Alt 1

AP Altitude/roll hold Alt 2

AP 'Panic' (returns to levevl flight Alt 3

AP Barometric Altitude hold Alt 4

AP Radar Altitude hold Alt 5

AP Route following Alt 6

AP disengage Alt 9

I find the AP attitude hold the most useful; after any sort of action -including using ordnance from one wing (where plane in then unbalanced) it then re-trims quickly for you. Then disengage to continue opps.

Alt/roll is handy for 'surveying' the field -spotting for targets or what-ever.

Baro alt hold is good for en-route to waypoints etc.

Hello,

Could you please tell me if "A" autopilot is equal to "Left Alt + 6" and the same for "H" and "Left Alt + 4"?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Could you please tell me if "A" autopilot is equal to "Left Alt + 6" and the same for "H" and "Left Alt + 4"?

Thanks in advance.

My advice is to not use "A" at all as that tends to screw things up...in the -25T, anyway.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.