Training Missiles

Apar

No in general they are inert can't be used as actual weapons. I'm assuming you're referring to things like the CAP-9M

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

15 minutes ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

I always wondered how training missiles determined whether they hit their target or not. 

If you listen the Fighter Pilot Podcast episode of the new simulator pods (to simulate complete air warfare alone even) you can hear things like the determination that did the missile hit something was based to rolling a dice by someone at the moment you called the simulated launch, or that someone checked a premade sheet of "Yes" or "No" in order the launches were given and they just listed that did you hit the target or not. 

But now with those digital pods they get far better determination as they can simulate the missile flights and use the classified information for the hit probabilities etc. 

So just think the situation where you tell over radio that you have made a launch, and someone on other side rolls a dice and then replies to you that did you hit them or not 😄.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.