Can we please lose the fences and trees, and all objects at the end of all runways as a short fix to the AI not being able to take off in time for objects?..

StevanJ

• ED Team

Hi,

as mentioned above larger aircraft will need to have their weight adjusted for short field take off's. 

which airfield was this? and can you add a short track replay, I will take a look

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 3/4/2021 at 11:15 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

as mentioned above larger aircraft will need to have their weight adjusted for short field take off's. 

which airfield was this? and can you add a short track replay, I will take a look

thank you

I didnt get a track- Sorry..
Just a query, Is the map still in Beta?
Only Ive noticed quite a few faults, including fighters using only one runway on a multi runway airfield in dire wind (ie abbeville). And more specifically the Dora seems to have engine cut out issues (ive posted the video in the Dora bug section) including the AI.
The taxiways and the release of aircraft onto the runways seems a little broken- On Abbeville, if i stack up 20 '190s or 109's ready on the ramp, only batches of 3 are released sometimes, which means by the time the last 3 takes off, either the Doras engines have seized on the runway, or the first batch of 3 fighters are returning to base, before the last are even on the taxiway.

These specific faults were:
The 190 Dora on Saint Omer', Any other fighters (including the 190 Anton) take off at the end of the runway, and well in time, but the Dora flies straight past the runway and into the bushes (the second clip). If i fly the Dora, i can clear the end of the Runway, but the AI dont even try.
The A20 on Hawkinge, Perhaps that may be a little small for the bomber, I just clicked 'takeoff from ramp' and it moved the bombers from the place i put them first to Hawkinge airfield, and i built the missions around that.
I have read that the Hawkinge Airstrip was extended for bombers in the event of an emergency.
If you remove the fence, the A20's actually take off in the same point, Its as if the fence is a figuratively a foot too tall.

Are there any loading specifications that give an insite into which airfield can accomodate which airplane? Or is it a case of just 'try it and see'?

• ED Team

If you have short track replay examples please post them we will check them out. 

We are still tweaking the map and more updates to come. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2