[NO BUG] Analog Clock always showing ZULU time

Shiroka

Creating a new bug report as the previous one was moved to resolved a while back and I don't want it to get missed again. The changelog listed this as fixed, it is still not fixed.

Created 2 simple missions in the mission editor, both with start time 08:00L (04:00Z).

1) Mission Editor: Clock Time = ZULU

This functions correctly, the analog clock (to the right of the ECM/RWR/EXP knobs) shows the correct time 04:00, see track "Clock Time ZULU.trk"

2) Mission Editor: Clock Time = LOCAL

This functions incorrectly, the analog clock (to the right of the ECM/RWR/EXP knobs) still shows time 04:00, whereas it should show 08:00. See track "Clock Time LOCAL.trk"

Clock Time ZULU.trk Clock Time LOCAL.trk

• 6 months later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [SOLVED] Analog Clock always showing ZULU time
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] Analog Clock always showing ZULU time

Hey @AlphaJuliet. So I just checked again. Basically it looks like you guys "fixed it" so that the mission editor switch changes the default time on the digital clock on the HUD between LOCAL and ZULU. This is obviously kind of pointless as this is a simple ODU button press (TMR -> TOT -> UTC/REAL) to switch between the two in the jet anyway. My understanding from what was originally posted was that this switch in the ME should change the analog clock on the right of the cockpit, which is currently always on ZULU time regardless of the switch settings (otherwise I don't really see the point in having it). If that's not the case, then no problem, just my misunderstanding. Track just for the case where the ME switch is LOCAL but the clock still shows ZULU.

PS It's really great to see the work you're doing going through everything on the forum! I didn't mean to sound too negative above, but I kind of stopped reporting bugs because it looked like they weren't being read or acknowledged. So thanks for all your hard work and apologies that I just bulk reported a load more a few days ago when I realized you were reading them - luckily I guess we all want the same thing, the most realistic simulation possible 🙂  I've been trying to put together a kneeboard style avionics guide (like the Hornet one floating around in the user files) so I've been pushing all the buttons that don't often get used and reading all the official docs (NATOPS, TACMAN etc) - I'm sure I'll find a few more bugs to send your way whilst I'm doing it (but they’re all super minor things)!

AV8B - Clock.trk

Edited by Shiroka

Okay, i'll open a new entry for this zulu/local clock problem.

I know it's not a big thing but attention to details is the difference between a good and a great module. I'm sorry that a lot of your reports went under the radar.

Please keep up pointing stuff up as you go through the NATOPS, your posts come with reference and tracks and are just what we need for bug fixing.

Cheers,

Alpha

• Like 2

Hey, just got a talk with the devs,

The zulu/local ME option is not supposed to affect the analog clock.

This clock is an ultimate backup, in operation it's always in ZULU time, never on any other time zone.
So it's not a bug then 😉

I'll label the topic as such.
Hope i brought closure to this interrogation of yours

• Like 1

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [NO BUG] Analog Clock always showing ZULU time