[REPORTED] Armament Stores Management Control Indicator (ASMCI) Panel - Station selection lights not functioning

Shiroka

As described above. This bug appeared a few updates ago but I'm only getting round to making a report now. When you select a weapon station (either on the STRS page or directly on the ASMCI), the red SEL indicators above the button for the selected store type no longer light up. My understanding (and how it used to function) is that say you have GBU-12 in stations 1, 2, 6, and 7, then pressing any of these should select the GBU-12 type and cause all four indicator lights to illuminate. Currently no lights appear.

ASMCI.trk

3 hours ago, netizensmith said:

I think this might be isolated to you. Working fine here and always has done for me. I feel like lots of people would have reported this. Hopefully your track file will allow someone to get to the bottom if it though. best of luck!

You're getting something like this? I get the barely visible dash when not selected, but nothing, just black when selected.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 19.18.18.png

So I've done some more digging - maybe you are correct and it is working (or my repair and clean fixed it). Anyway, now the selectors are actually there (maybe they were before), but I can only see them on the rare occasion when I am in direct sunlight. You can see the problem in the image below (where stations 3,4, and 5 are selected) - as soon as a shadow goes over them they become totally invisible. Maybe that is as intended? I guess from the image in Chuck's guide in my post above I always assumed they were supposed to be backlit.Panel.png

They are reported. But the report was moved to solved section, without solution.

The red is a background flag that gets dropped when selection is made. But it is bugged by requiring a sun to be behind aircraft. If sun is front of aircraft, those flags do not get lit and they turn black. Even when the same red color in background on switches just next to them stays red. So clear lighting bug.

They do as well get lit by green light at night, don't know is it a background lit or from a edge of the hole, but at night you should see them as slightly green like other instruments.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

i have this issue too.

very annoying.

seems like incorrect material definition. the orange on the ir cool switch is perfectly visible without direct illumination, but station selection is entirely black.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 6 months later...

Hey,

It is not backlit, but there seems to be an issue in a sunny environment.
According to real pilots feedback, some mechanical displays lack contrast IRL when in the shadow of a sun lit cockpit.
I'll ask the team if there is a solution with the way the light interracts with the ASMCI to make it more readable.

Edited by AlphaJuliet

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] Armament Stores Management Control Indicator (ASMCI) Panel - Station selection lights not functioning
  • 3 months later...