Moved DCS to a new SSD and now I lost the DCS icon

sirrah
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

Not much of a problem, but not sure where else to put this...

I moved my entire DCS folder to a new SSD, run the repair and manually fixed all broken shortcuts.

Just tested and all seems to be working fine! :thumbup:

However, in the moving process, somehow the DCS icon got lost and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

My desktop DCS shortcut now shows up as a default Windows program icon. Can someone point me out where to find the DCS.ico file?

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

9 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Hi @sirrah. You'll find them here: \DCS World...\FUI\

image.png

ah!

Strange why Windows didn't find those... (I probably messed up though :tongue:)

Thanks again Flappie :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 3:54 PM, sirrah said:

ah!

Strange why Windows didn't find those... (I probably messed up though :tongue:)

Thanks again Flappie :thumbup:

Because windows is flawless 😉

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

oh. my. god. This topic is a god's send lmao. Exactly the same happened to me a year or two ago and the icon changed to the default one and I was frustrated. But it didn't bother me enough to dig around for solution. Well All activities tab is usefull. 

I think I found the right way to do this, as shown in the following link.   So far everything works as supposed including all short-cuts , icons and securities /packages etc. 

1. Create a system restore point before doing the following;

2. Go to cmd (Command app running as an administrator:

robocopy "source" "destination" /sec /move /e Enter, then;

3. mklink "SOURCE" "DESTINATION" /j

It is a simple and sure way to move directories in Windows.  You can move both of OpenBeta and Stable version of DCS, or either OpenBeta or Stable to the new drive, it's all your choice.  And it will work all the time.