DCS: UH-1H Huey Detent (VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle)

WarmRed

• WarmRed changed the title to DCS: UH-1H Huey Detent (VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle)

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I was thinking it would be great to have a thread for sharing useful controller 3d printables.

I made a quick and dirty solution to flying aircraft that don't have afterburners, without having to change the detents. These spacers just pop in and hold the rollers above the detents.

detents.jpg

Edit: Updated with final version.

CM3Lifts.zip

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 3

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 12:00 PM, wowbagger said:

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I was thinking it would be great to have a thread for sharing useful controller 3d printables.

I made a quick and dirty solution to flying aircraft that don't have afterburners, without having to change the detents. These spacers just pop in and hold the rollers above the detents.

detents.jpg

Edit: I have them sized so that I can still feel a tiny bit of feedback as they roll over the detent - so I know when the 80%-100 button engages. If you want to remove that feedback, I'd size them 0.5-0.75 mm taller.

detentspacers.zip 6.56 kB · 6 downloads

I just want to thank you for making this. I use these constantly because I'm often switching between the F-18 and helicopters, and this save a lot time and annoyance unscrewing the detents.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Trillhouse said:

I just want to thank you for making this. I use these constantly because I'm often switching between the F-18 and helicopters, and this save a lot time and annoyance unscrewing the detents.

Great! I'm glad they work for you. I pop them in and out pretty much everyday depending on whether I'm flying helos/warbirds or modern jets.  I made another set which is slightly taller since I decided I don't need the tiny bump of feedback after all.

Thanks for the message.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 1 year later...

These are excellent, I used both of these! to op: i noticed the 75% detent is not very pronounced. There's very little tactile feedback when crossing over it, but I'm not sure if that's an issue from how I printed it or not. Otherwise, it's an excellent design and I very much appreciate you sharing. I feel like every huey driver and virpil throttle owner needs this!

I also appreciate wowbagger's clever method of not needing to remove the detent guide when switching aircraft. thanks for yours as well!

• Like 1