[NO BUG] AV8 alignment INS

Ruso1

Hey guys, I am not sure if anyone had experience what is going on in my DCS AV8. After the completion of the INS alignment and moving the knob from ground align to NAV or AFI, the compass rose of the map display turns red, even after every single step had been done correctly. I also checked the coordinates on in the F10 page to make sure is the right one. 
Plz let me know if it a bug or maybe I am doing something wrong.

P.S I uninstalled an reinstalled the AV 8 module to make sure I got the lates version.

thanks again

RUSO

On 2/23/2021 at 6:58 PM, JIGGAwest said:

If you have the DATA page up it will go red. I think this is intended.

Also alignment isn't necessary in this aircraft, just flip the dial to IFA.

I believe alignment is based on a setting in the game's main settings page.  It's something like pre-align, stored heading and full align, but there is a need for it depending on how you have your game settings. 

13 hours ago, cw4ogden said:

I believe alignment is based on a setting in the game's main settings page.  It's something like pre-align, stored heading and full align, but there is a need for it depending on how you have your game settings. 

There is no need as said. The IFA uses INS+GPS to perform you the alignment in couple minutes when you are on the ground. In flight it can take up to 10 minutes. It will as well pause when you start taxiing. But basically you can just turn it to IFA, run all your other start-up procedures in 30 seconds and take-off. You likely don't get the FPM on HUD or map on EHSD, but you get them later in flight.

On 2/24/2021 at 1:43 AM, Wisky said:

after alignment is finished it shows with the red text that you are still in Data mode.

press Data once again to switch to Navigation mode

The color mode is bugged, in some manners the red color will be used from the DATA page in all the pages. Even in your stores page, EW, Engine and emergency procedure etc pages can be in red (or what color you have chosen of own for map EHSD).

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [NO BUG] AV8 alignment INS