SA-6 with different missile launch modes?

Just watched this:

The first missile flew a high curve and then to the target, the second one more a coming-from-the-low flight path. Does the SA-6 has the ability, to use different flight paths to intercept targets?

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

20 hours ago, VTJS17_Fire said:

Just watched this:

The first missile flew a high curve and then to the target, the second one more a coming-from-the-low flight path. Does the SA-6 has the ability, to use different flight paths to intercept targets?

IIRC in Serbia, they would use the RADAR for a very short period so they know bearing, range, altitude and speed; allowing them to predict where the target would be, they would then fire blind and then illuminate the target in the last moments, meaning if a pilot didn't have eyes on, they wouldn't have a lot of time to react at all.

But yes, SAMs typically have different modes to suite the situation, even the SA-2 has several modes. Not sure what the SA-6 does as it's SARH instead of ACLOS.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD