Taking advantage of an offer to improve Setting Results

Fakum

Glad you had success! I know switching in and out of High does nothing for me. I dont know what your asking me about backups but yes,, I can restore back to many backups that I have saved over the years. i was just fiddling with Afinity core settings earlier. Dont have much to report as of yet though.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I did that as well the other day. Im going to give some serious thought to doing a fresh install of Win 10 myself,,,, just hate to go thru all of that new install process, not to mention that I dont have a product key because I did the free upgrade from Win 7, so Its some sort of digital license, and I dont have a Microsoft account to link my current Win 10 to, nor do I want to create one. There is a chance that if I download the Win 10 Creation tool to do a fresh install, it SHOULD be able to collect the info it needs from my existing build to allow a fairy smooth transition.

I have to decide,, is it worth it? Man,,, so many hours yet again into this. I seem to do this every year with the hopes the next round will be the winner,,,, lots of good info here though,, just gotta sift it!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Just flown a couple of missions - and dare I say it - it is not as good as it was after messing around with MSI DC! Unless of course I am now getting hyper critical!

Have another mess around tomorrow. More to follow.

Edited by Leg2ion

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

LOL,,, that is just more incentive for me to just walk away,, maybe I just need a break for a day or so. I cant help but think what new issues will be brought to the table when the clouds are released?  Seriously though,,, good luck, and keep us posted.

Hi @Fakum. So - unhappy with the things went - resolved myself to do another re-install - so had a play.

Set Advanced Power settings onto High - as per previous posts. NVCP all at default. Selected PBO to enabled over auto in BIOS (AMD Setting on an X570 MB) and memory set to AMD DOCP(XMP). No real difference - maybe around an additional 10fps. 

Installed MSI Afterburner - which allows you to overclock your MSI GPU. Re-installed MSI Dragon Center - and set the user scenario back to Performance. Checked Afterburner, and finally saw a change in that it had overclocked my GPU (without my permission - how rude!), and I also now had an 'Ultimate' selection back in the advanced power settings. 

Following that wiped the drive (again) - re-installed windows, installed drivers, updated Windows, installed Norton, then installed DCS - separate M2 SSD drive. Changed no settings. So power settings on balanced, NVCP on stock - ran it - in whatever mode it found itself - stutters. Went full window - same. 

Haven't played around with any settings yet - but basically a fresh install of everything makes no difference. So at least we have a base line in that a very fresh install makes no difference to a balanced system.

Memory is still on DOCP. Next step is to play with windows power settings, and bang it back up to high then see what happens. Hopefully reduce the stutter.

Regardless of what other posts say, running MFAA and SSAA ingame settings in tandem does appear to make a difference - I have found 2x MF and 2x SS reduces the building shimmer to be un-noticeable.

No doubt more to follow...

Edited by Leg2ion

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

Thats unfortunate! I have noticed that you were installing Norton prior to installing DCS. I assume you havnt tried DCS right after a fresh install, without any potential impacts of AV Software? i have been backing up files today and settings, profiles for apps and am a hair trigger from installing windows 10 fresh. I really dont want to go thru all of that though, especially to deactivate DCS modules and having to rename HOTAS binding files in the saved games folder because the new install will assign new ID's to the HOTAS,, ,yada, yada , yada

Certainly worth a shot! Thanks Mustang!

"This registry file will disable multiplane overlay"

EDIT,,, didnt help me, but I tried!

Edited by Fakum

24 minutes ago, Fakum said:

Certainly worth a shot! Thanks Mustang!

"This registry file will disable multiplane overlay"

EDIT,,, didnt help me, but I tried!

Yeah I didn't know if it was going to help or not but it was worth throwing out there, you never know.

edit: lol really screwed this post up with the quotes.

Edited by Mustang

It was appreciated just the same sir! Thanks again

13 hours ago, Fakum said:

Thats unfortunate! I have noticed that you were installing Norton prior to installing DCS. I assume you havnt tried DCS right after a fresh install, without any potential impacts of AV Software? i have been backing up files today and settings, profiles for apps and am a hair trigger from installing windows 10 fresh. I really dont want to go thru all of that though, especially to deactivate DCS modules and having to rename HOTAS binding files in the saved games folder because the new install will assign new ID's to the HOTAS,, ,yada, yada , yada

Yeah - always install AV/Norton - never really given it much thought to be honest.  Not sure whether activation/deactivation is a thing anymore - certainly not bothered personally and all is well?

Got around to setting Advanced Power back to high - stutters gone again - so certainly on my PC it does appear power related.  Will try the multiplane thing in due course and see if it makes any difference.

FYI, I would up doing a fresh install of Win 10 this Saturday, I only installed motherboard, GPU, and HOTAS drivers. No Antivirus software (Only Windows Antivirus running) and no NVidia changes made AT ALL!. Installed DCS, set DCS Graphics to previous settings and ran some quick instant actions and some multiplayer. Was seeing between 60+ to 100+ FPS. Couldnt see any stuttering in Instant action, and just barely some noticeable in multiplayer infrequently. I am slowly adding more features as time permits, e.g. Track IR, Voice Attack etc,,,,,,

Hi @Fakum - sounds promising? How did the Windows install go? I 'had a moment' after I wiped my drive and then it bluntly refused to re-install. Got it figured in the end.

Also found this on the forumFPS drop linked to drop of GPU usage where is suggests moving your saved game file onto the same drive if you have it on a slower drive. Few other good tips as well.

So I just finished up install of Windows 10, and MOST of my applications, including BitDefender AntiVirus. I still have NOT touched my NVidia Control Panel AT ALL! So that is still default. Testing to date has been very promising, I have very good frame rates (60+ to 90+), and any stuttering has been hardly noticeable. I have been seeing some screen tearing though. I will have to look at this next. I know I have read thru these replies many times, and for some reason, I cant get my heat wrapped around whether i should be enabling VSync, GSync, Cap Frames to 60 in VCP or DCS Autoexec.cfg or what? GSync is enable by Default in NCP for FULL SCREEN, so I imagine that this is already running since I hit "ALT-ENT" when I enter DCS anyway. Enabling VSYNC (On or Fast?) is likely my next experiment I suppose.

image.png

Thanks for the link!

Is this a Contribution post?
Ill contribute mine..

No FPS drops unless in multiplayer..

45 FPS steady in VR.
If i lock the FPS with Oculus Tray, i can push to fully high settings but only in single player.

But im happy as is.

I9 9900k, 16GB Ram, 2080ti, SSD Raid 0 configured, Quest
And a 4k 144hz Monitor that i use to build missions/videos where i get 60hz.

settings.jpg

Sure, your more than welcome to contribute! I dont have VR Though.

@silverdevil, I went to that link, and it led me to a very informative place. Look at post 231 on this thread. If I read that right, I shouldnt need to futz with VSync, just GSync and cap the FPS below desired refresh rate? Of course I wont really know until I experiment.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/the-truth-about-pre-rendering-0.365860/page-12#post-5380262

I gather you are providing a tip to set the highlighted? Did you pickup a tip somewhere else?

@Fakum - not meant to highlight that particular setting. what i had done is reset all the NCP to default. including the global settings. then using my screenshot i got of my settings, i only changed DCS specific settings. 8 total.

PS: i ordered a new computer since i have had this one since 2018. when i get it i am going to have to go through all this again. 😄

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Ahh,, ok