probably an unpopular opinion but speed, pitch and bank restrictions are campaign killers for me.

NASA6

Having to fly at 190km\h  from one point to another 2 missions in a row is just not fun, I honestly find myself fast forwarding time Ctrl+Z while doing these kind of missions (which kills the immersion for me).

I'd rather have to do more Navigation or more challenging landings or fly through harsher weather than this.

I want to be clear, I am not trying to be rude, I love Stone Sky's campaigns, I played and finished the Memory of the Hero campaign and absolutely loved it and this one seems also good with nice voice acting and I want to play the rest of the campaign, so I am looking now into editing my logbook and skipping mission 3 completely without playing it.
that was my opinion, what about yours ? do you like or dislike it?

Hey! Thank you for your opinion. To be honest, I myself get tired of long flights. But in general it looks like walking on a tightrope between an aircraft simulator and an arcade game. And I study with each project and try to find this fine line.
Now I try not to create routes longer than 50-70km.
Mission 6 will hit you. In order to familiarize the crew with the polar island, I had to create a route through the entire island. Sorry, I already understand this and do not allow it in future projects

• Thanks 1

Hi, NASA6!
IIRC, first few missions (3 or so) were pretty basic, like a warm-up, a welcome to your new crew, but soon you'll get transferred to the Arctic, you will get harsh conditions, where even Russians put on their caps, not always easy landings, unfortunate events etc. Even the very snow may make a landing a bit tricky for the lack of visual cues. Later on there will be another retrospection. I don't wanna spoil too much.
I think you are perhaps a bit too quick giving the opinion - this campaign is not homogenous.

As for flight regime constraints in the title of your post, it's only for the duration of... 2 (?) missions, then they're gone. I considered it an interesting test of my flying, I think it's unique across all Mi-8 campaigns to date (and Huey campaigns, AFAICR). Can I fly "mild", so that the passengers don't come out injured, bleeding?

However, it sure is the case that people have different expectations.

I liked "Larking Aviation" (not available any longer, AFAIK), which was very fast paced, short missions, nearly no cruise. On the other hand I liked The Oilfield Campaign, which includes a lot of cruise! Perhaps you are wired more towards quick/intense action, not so much towards flying straight and level for too long? Maybe, I don't know.
As for me - I like both, but for example I have difficulties coping with very long missions. For example, the highly acclaimed The Enemy Within by BD, which is - for my taste - a crazy good work, contains a few missions which take like 2 hours, plus. Nothing wrong with that, per se, but it's a problem for me, I work long hours and the only day I'm not tired is Sunday. So... I like missions 30-70 minutes long. See? Different expectations from different people, you can't make everybody happy, I guess.

What I DON'T like in campaigns is bad communication with the player (unclear tasking/voiceovers, inconsistent trigger logic, briefings, kneeboard), that's annoying and is not uncommon, but I didn't have problems in The Crew (yes - a few discrepancies here or there, but nothing serious).

Anyway, I liked The Crew campaign a lot! And it felt demanding, at least for me. And besides, Forexkor is such a "library of ideas", I'm always curious what he has up his sleeve this time 🙂

If you give yourself more time to play through the campaign, it would be very interesting to have your opinion then.
Oh, and don't skip mission 3 - if it's the one with the warship, don't skip it, fly it! 🙂

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

1 час назад, scoobie сказал:

Anyway, I liked The Crew campaign a lot! And it felt demanding, at least for me. And besides, Forexkor is such a "library of ideas", I'm always curious what he has up his sleeve this time 🙂

Hey, thanks for the pleasant words! Experimental campaign "Crew" (I call an experiment a non-combat use of a helicopter in DCS conditions, and the creation of regions on the DCS map that do not exist in a regular game - for example, the Arctic). In the second part of the campaign, you will become a participant in such events as:
- World Air Games 2018 in the United Arab Emirates,
- Combat exercises of the Northern Fleet USSR -1976 on the territory of Bolshevik Island,
- The war in Afghanistan and the participation of Soviet troops in it in 1980-1985. Detection and destruction of Tora Bora.
- CIA Operation Jawbreaker and Tora Bora Attack in 2001, pursuit of Osama.
All these tasks will be connected an interesting plot.
You can watch the latest news and information about my projects on the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/stone1sky