G2 view problem

bobaz

Check lighting in room, adjust and see if it helps.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks dburne, tried different lighting, but no help.  Nothing wrong with the headset, cus it works fine with just wmr, & another sim.  Something mess up involving steam I think.

Asus ROG Z390, I9 9900K, Win10 64, 32 GB DDR4, 1TB NVMe M.2, EVGA GTX 2080 Ti, Realteus ForceFeel Gaming Pad, HP Reverb G2

29 minutes ago, bobaz said:

I have it now, had to play around plug/unplug routine.

👍

Enjoy!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It came back 😡  I have to back all the way out, & play with cables, & now that's not working, very annoying

Edited by bobaz

Asus ROG Z390, I9 9900K, Win10 64, 32 GB DDR4, 1TB NVMe M.2, EVGA GTX 2080 Ti, Realteus ForceFeel Gaming Pad, HP Reverb G2

In most cases where I encounter this problem, it is because I have put the headset on after running dcs or streamvr If I put the headset on in wmr, and load dcs from within WMR, I have only experienced this issue in poor light.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

11 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

In most cases where I encounter this problem, it is because I have put the headset on after running dcs or streamvr If I put the headset on in wmr, and load dcs from within WMR, I have only experienced this issue in poor light.

For some reason, it worked today, & I don't why.  If I have electrical tape over the inside sensor (cus of the mouse pointer thing), wouldn't that be the same as putting on the HMD before running DCS?  This is how I start, turn a switch that powers the HMD, start WMR, start DCS or steam, (doesn't seem to make a difference if I start steam, or let start auto).  You may be onto some sequencing issue, but I'm not seeing it right now.  Thanks,

No, because you aren’t centering the headset...  start wmr, put on the headset follow the instructions, then launch dcs from inside wmr...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I have also experienced crashing back to the cliff house if I don't start DCS from within WMR/steamVR

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I don't crash back to the cliff house.  The first posts describes my problem.

BTW, It's back again.  The only way I can make it work right is remove the tape on the inside sensor, cus the headset doesn't know it's on.  Recently I read about the problem of the mouse pointer not showing up, & the tape fixed that.  I don't seem to have the mouse problem anymore, maybe it will return.  I hate steam. 

If you mouse cursor isn’t there.....  follow this sequence

Open the WMR portal.

Open the SteamVR Portal

Open DCS

Once DCS is at the main menu push the Windows Button on your keyboard...  The blue WMR Menu Screen will pop up in your VR headset on top of DCS...  Then, just push the Windows Button on the keyboard again to make the WMR menu disappear.  Your mouse cursor will now be on DCS and work properly.

Edited by SunDevilPilot

14 hours ago, SunDevilPilot said:

If you mouse cursor isn’t there.....  follow this sequence

Open the WMR portal.

Open the SteamVR Portal

Open DCS

Once DCS is at the main menu push the Windows Button on your keyboard...  The blue WMR Menu Screen will pop up in your VR headset on top of DCS...  Then, just push the Windows Button on the keyboard again to make the WMR menu disappear.  Your mouse cursor will now be on DCS and work properly.

Thanks, but every day is a new adventure with the G2, WMR, & steam VR.

Hello:

I from the first day I worked with the G2 Reverb directly open the DCS from the shortcut on my desktop.

At the same time the simulator starts after logging in, it automatically starts WMR - here I do not know if it is the native W10 or Steam VR one, then Steam VR opens and voila already the sim is loaded in VR?!

The glasses are always connected to the pc and I never turn off from the mains power, so as soon as I boot the pc the hp logo lights up. When the pc turns off the logo on the goggles also turns off, so I guess they run out of power, even though the flask stays with the white led on. At least the glasses before starting the pc are not hot....

I have never had any problems beyond one day when the sim froze after a few blue flashes of the G2 screens, the sound was still heard but the desktop showed as the two images of the visor screens superimposed?!

I have always had the cursor and mouse pointer working, and if the room lighting is the same as I used when I first created the playspace (seated position) I will have no tracking problems....

You can try to do it this way and see how it works...

Greetings

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by CaptYosi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 3700X, RTX 2080, 32GB 3600MHz, W10 64 & Rift S

I personally would not leave the G2 powered all the time.

I have mine plugged into a USB 3 powered hub with individual on/off switches, I switch mine off when not in use.

Don B

Could be on to something here.  I never thought about a disconnect for the USB plug would power down the headset light, duh.   I agree not to leave on all the time.  I have the power cord on a AC switch, which might be a bad thing. 😬     

Tried leaving the AC plugged in, & start with the USB, doesn't seem to matter, but might be better via a USB switch.

Mine is connected directly to the MB AOURUS X570 PRO and it's not a matter of touching anything there, it's worked fine since the first time I connected everything I haven't even wanted to try the USB 3.0 port on the RTX 2080 GPU?!

So this would be out of the question...

I can take the 230V mains plug directly and pull it out of the socket, that's what I have closest to hand. the power supply I have it inside a power strip behind the pc and it would be cumbersome to disconnect the plug that connects the 6m cable from the viewfinder to that power supply.

If I do this with the pc off (unplug/plug the power supply from the mains) will I break something?

I am waiting for answers,

PS. Bobaz: if it seems to you that I have changed the topic of discussion too much, I have no problem to open a new post...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had this in the past. Basically your headset is stuck in 3dof mode, not 6dof. I find it's an issue between WMR and SteamVR. I find closing and restarting SteamVR fixes it 

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I can play if I do somewhat as speed-of-heat described way back in this thread.   I was trying different things, including with or without tape for the cursor problem, now I have the cursor with no tape.

Today leaving the AC plug in, & plugging in the USB to start, I tried a very old USB powered hub (prolly not up to USB 3 standards) that wouldn't work.  So I tried a very short extension to plug/unplug, that didn't work either.  I guess it requires something heavier, & why dburne can use a USB 3 powered hub.

PS. CaptYosi , I'm not following what your talking about.

Edited by bobaz

I found that starting DCS from within SteamVR has stopped the issue of a black screen in the headset and the game still running on the monitor.  Coming from Oculus, I had never even thought about unplugging the power supply as I never did that with my Rift or Rift S.  I am unplugging the power cord on the headset connector and the white logo light on the headset is now off.  To be clear, my headset was not "hot" to the touch but merely slightly warm.  I don't think the headset is "powered up" when sitting idle, I think it was just the illumination of the HP logo that having the power supply connected. I'm not sure if having the logo illuminated would be a cause for concern, long term?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Hello, bobaz:

I would refer to that in the solution I was giving you when it comes to logging into the sim (I boot it directly from the desktop shortcut and they start up the sim, WMR, Steam VR) I have no problems with the mouse/pointer in the sim.

But folks seeing what I was saying regarding leaving the whole set of G2 Reverb's plugged in gave me in turn their advice on how they leave them unplugged.

So I kept asking about leaving the G2s connected or not to the PC and the 230V socket.

I wanted to ask if it would be enough to unplug the power supply directly from the mains socket and if it would be more appropriate to do it with the PC switched off or can the G2s be plugged into the mains with the PC booted up, directly plugged into the socket every time I want to use them?

I suppose that the standby consumption (logo illuminated and idle screens off?) will not be very high. Apart from the fact that when the PC is turned off the white logo of the glasses is also turned off.

Sorry for the confusion, as you can see I use an OnLine translator because I don't know Shakespeare's language very well...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]