At mission 7 and still asked to SEAD

mporlier

What SAMs are we talking about? There's nothing that says you absolutely must use HARMs... for example, if I'm attacking SA-11s I find it easier to use a guided stand-off weapon like the AGM-154C. The reason being - HARMs are not guaranteed a kill on them for whatever reason, it often just takes half their health away...; the Buk doesn't emit its radar until you're within its kill zone and often turns it off afterwards; and when one Buk is hit the others stay suppressed for about 10 minutes.

Better to just acquire them 40 miles out with the pod and launch stand-offs. Much easier. The only time I think you really need 88s is when you can't get specific coordinates for where the SAM is located and need to launch on an emitting radar.

You could just change the AIs weapons too. No reason they need to use HARMs either.

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

On 2/23/2021 at 4:06 AM, LooseSeal said:

What SAMs are we talking about? There's nothing that says you absolutely must use HARMs... for example, if I'm attacking SA-11s I find it easier to use a guided stand-off weapon like the AGM-154C. The reason being - HARMs are not guaranteed a kill on them for whatever reason, it often just takes half their health away...; the Buk doesn't emit its radar until you're within its kill zone and often turns it off afterwards; and when one Buk is hit the others stay suppressed for about 10 minutes.

Better to just acquire them 40 miles out with the pod and launch stand-offs. Much easier. The only time I think you really need 88s is when you can't get specific coordinates for where the SAM is located and need to launch on an emitting radar.

You could just change the AIs weapons too. No reason they need to use HARMs either.

I will do that. Do you have this campaign? Did your progress changed your tasks?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. I did at least 10 missions and it seems I have always same tasks to do.

I did 2 strategic strikes to kill some enemy VIP but I have the feeling to not progress

Any ideas ? How can I be sure to progress ?

Thks

8 hours ago, Grippen80 said:

I have the same problem. I did at least 10 missions and it seems I have always same tasks to do.

I did 2 strategic strikes to kill some enemy VIP but I have the feeling to not progress

Any ideas ? How can I be sure to progress ?

Thks

Hey, strike tasks are optional in mission since they are suggested by your XO. You have the freedom to do whatever you want. For example, if you have managed to gain air superiority you can fly CAS missions using JTAC. In this way the enemy will suffer many loses and you will manage to boost your morale. The same applies for your wingman, load him with GBUS or dumb bombs and order him to strike ground targets. The more losses the enemy suffers the more you are able to lower his morale. The same of course applies for you and your squadron. 

Now as for SEAD, your squadron might have suffered many loses and for this reason the enemy is acitvating more SAM site. 

There is major update coming based on players feedback that will change many things. Especially in strike targets. 😉

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

Yep - I like it also - on mission 6 and it asks me to hit this target from pic...Also i am sending my AI flights to SEAD - but they are flying at low altitudes (for example 6000-8000 ft and often get shot down)...Can developers please check the palyer cap/sead flight and change altitudes to > 15k ?

2 - MSN TGT.jpg

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

4 hours ago, hreich said:

Yep - I like it also - on mission 6 and it asks me to hit this target from pic...Also i am sending my AI flights to SEAD - but they are flying at low altitudes (for example 6000-8000 ft and often get shot down)...Can developers please check the palyer cap/sead flight and change altitudes to > 15k ?

2 - MSN TGT.jpg

Hey, this coordinates do not represent the target building, but rather the AOR. In order to be sure that you are seeing the correct building you can click on the red circle and something like "strike"

This should be the correct target. Also, could you please share the loadout of the SEAD package. 

Thanks Petritis

Screen_201015_230441.png

On this particular mission i load all flight with only cap loadout - 2 sidewinder,  aim 120s and one fuel tank ).. I ordered them to CAP charlie.

Track and  reply  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TgFMMTrRuoK9CaFba1EhfTafKtWOlgkv?usp=sharing

You can see hooters and fish flying very low after dogfight and than crashing...

Pickles - i dont know why lands after just flying...Trimmer jopins me at some point than attacks aa targets with guns..although he is at cap duty

EDIT: I just saw that track is useless

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

On 4/1/2021 at 7:48 PM, petritis said:

Hey, strike tasks are optional in mission since they are suggested by your XO. You have the freedom to do whatever you want. For example, if you have managed to gain air superiority you can fly CAS missions using JTAC. In this way the enemy will suffer many loses and you will manage to boost your morale. The same applies for your wingman, load him with GBUS or dumb bombs and order him to strike ground targets. The more losses the enemy suffers the more you are able to lower his morale. The same of course applies for you and your squadron. 

Now as for SEAD, your squadron might have suffered many loses and for this reason the enemy is acitvating more SAM site. 

There is major update coming based on players feedback that will change many things. Especially in strike targets. 😉

What I’m picking up with your follow on post is that we are not taking full advantage of the ‘dynamic’ element and we are just following the XO tasks which as others and myself are seeing are repetitive SEAD even though there is nothing to attack when your in the air. There also seems to be a severe lack of opposition aircraft, often I see 5 or 6 allies attacking one poor MIG, not sure why but there never seems to be allot of RedFor aircraft in the area. However as you point out there are large numbers of ground units which we are not equipped to attack with our current strategy. So I need to break the mould and for Mission 8 it will be ground attack and also assign 2 other flights on strike as well. Also until now I have not used the Jtacs which as you rightly point out will cause an increase in moral etc. Please continue to enhance and grow this campaign as it is very enjoyable and keep steering us in the right direction to get the best out of this unique campaign.

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

20 hours ago, Oilman100 said:

What I’m picking up with your follow on post is that we are not taking full advantage of the ‘dynamic’ element and we are just following the XO tasks which as others and myself are seeing are repetitive SEAD even though there is nothing to attack when your in the air. There also seems to be a severe lack of opposition aircraft, often I see 5 or 6 allies attacking one poor MIG, not sure why but there never seems to be allot of RedFor aircraft in the area. However as you point out there are large numbers of ground units which we are not equipped to attack with our current strategy. So I need to break the mould and for Mission 8 it will be ground attack and also assign 2 other flights on strike as well. Also until now I have not used the Jtacs which as you rightly point out will cause an increase in moral etc. Please continue to enhance and grow this campaign as it is very enjoyable and keep steering us in the right direction to get the best out of this unique campaign.

Hey thank you for your feedback. We are constantly trying to improve Operation Pontus based on user feedback. 

We updated the campaign for the new DCS 2.7 version and we are working some new features on the campaign that i dare to say that it will be an upgrade rather than just and update. 😉

And it is very much appreciated, many thx

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |