At mission 7 and still asked to SEAD

Am I doing something wrong? Now at mission 7 and I am still suggested to to A2A and SEAD. I find the AI are lousy at SEAD. I can't harm them with 88 since the SAMS rarely use radar. What's the best option?

What SAMs are we talking about? There's nothing that says you absolutely must use HARMs... for example, if I'm attacking SA-11s I find it easier to use a guided stand-off weapon like the AGM-154C. The reason being - HARMs are not guaranteed a kill on them for whatever reason, it often just takes half their health away...; the Buk doesn't emit its radar until you're within its kill zone and often turns it off afterwards; and when one Buk is hit the others stay suppressed for about 10 minutes.

Better to just acquire them 40 miles out with the pod and launch stand-offs. Much easier. The only time I think you really need 88s is when you can't get specific coordinates for where the SAM is located and need to launch on an emitting radar.

You could just change the AIs weapons too. No reason they need to use HARMs either.

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

On 2/23/2021 at 4:06 AM, LooseSeal said:

What SAMs are we talking about? There's nothing that says you absolutely must use HARMs... for example, if I'm attacking SA-11s I find it easier to use a guided stand-off weapon like the AGM-154C. The reason being - HARMs are not guaranteed a kill on them for whatever reason, it often just takes half their health away...; the Buk doesn't emit its radar until you're within its kill zone and often turns it off afterwards; and when one Buk is hit the others stay suppressed for about 10 minutes.

Better to just acquire them 40 miles out with the pod and launch stand-offs. Much easier. The only time I think you really need 88s is when you can't get specific coordinates for where the SAM is located and need to launch on an emitting radar.

You could just change the AIs weapons too. No reason they need to use HARMs either.

I will do that. Do you have this campaign? Did your progress changed your tasks?