Just got my G2, when my hand controllers go to sleep, the crosshair or pointer goes from my controller, to my headset. So wherever I'm looking, there's always a crosshsir in the center of my view. Any way to turn that off?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Should be somewhere in the WMR settings. Can't remember if mine ever did that and I disabled or whether mine never did that.

Put on the headset and check settings in the WMR house.

• Like 1

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | 

turn off the hand controllers in DCS ... use a mouse or a trackball 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

turn off the hand controllers in DCS ... use a mouse or a trackball 
Do pilots use a mouse or a trackball? Or do they use their "hands"? What's the point of flying a simulator, if you're not going to simulate it. The hand controllers work great. I just don't want the pointer to switch to my helmet.

• Haha 1

without getting too much into a pissing contest... they dont have a hollow table tennis bat in their hand either ... but what ever floats your boat 🙂

• Haha 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

As an aside here, I've never understood how people actually use controllers in flight sims.  Your hands are on your HOTAS, right?  So, what do you do, fumble around trying to find where you last put down the controllers?  I just don't get it. At least with a mouse, it just sits next to my throttle and is very easily located.

I guess there is something I am missing here.

• Like 2

Intel i9 10900K 5.1GHz · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F Wi-Fi · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Grip · HP Reverb G2

Some players do use controllers only. I think you can move throttle and joystick with controllers. I bet they don't do anything more than flying around and explore scenery. Imagine CASE I carrier landing in F14 with just controllers LOL. 

OP you need to turn on option "USE MOUSE" in the game settings (VR tab). When it's off the crosshair is fixed to the headset.

Edited by Marklar
  • Haha 1

i7 6700K @4.5GHz

16 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz

GTX 980ti OC

Windows 10

TM Warthog + CH Pro Pedals

Oculus Rift CV1

As an aside here, I've never understood how people actually use controllers in flight sims.  Your hands are on your HOTAS, right?  So, what do you do, fumble around trying to find where you last put down the controllers?  I just don't get it. At least with a mouse, it just sits next to my throttle and is very easily located.
I guess there is something I am missing here.
My hand controllers are on my lap. When I need to flick a switch, or turn a knob, I'll pick one up, and use it. Just like a real pilot would take their hands off the stick or throttle to do so. It's a lot more intuitive than a mouse because they function as hands.

Some players do use controllers only. I think you can move throttle and joystick with controllers. I bet they don't do anything more than flying around and explore scenery. Imagine CASE I carrier landing in F14 with just controllers LOL. 

OP you need to turn on option "USE MOUSE" in the game settings (VR tab). When it's off the crosshair is fixed to the headset.
I don't want to use a mouse. I want to use hand controllers. My Rift S doesn't show a crosshair. But the G2 does.