Hornet Comm Menu

Habu_69

Where can I find detailed explanation of AI behavior with respect to the Hornet comm menu commands? Seems absent from Flight Manual and some are vague. For example, "Engage My Target": air, ground, both, radar designated, FLIR designated? "Engage Ground": vehicles, structures, both? "Engage Enemy": any enemy air or ground target at wingman's discretion? Any restrictions? "Engage Mission": once, until dakota, until all targets destroyed, only those assigned in Advanced Waypoint Options?

1 hour ago, Habu_69 said:

Seems absent from Flight Manual and some are vague.

A Flight Manual doesn't exist yet for the Hornet. That's probably why you're having a hard time finding info like this. Because the module is in Early Access, instead of a complete manual you're using an "Early Access Guide."

I expect that these explanations will be available in the finished Flight Manual, when it becomes available.

17 minutes ago, randomTOTEN said:

A Flight Manual doesn't exist yet for the Hornet. That's probably why you're having a hard time finding info like this. Because the module is in Early Access, instead of a complete manual you're using an "Early Access Guide."

I expect that these explanations will be available in the finished Flight Manual, when it becomes available.

Fair enough. Tx.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Habu_69 said:

Where can I find detailed explanation of AI behavior with respect to the Hornet comm menu commands? Seems absent from Flight Manual and some are vague. For example, "Engage My Target": air, ground, both, radar designated, FLIR designated? "Engage Ground": vehicles, structures, both? "Engage Enemy": any enemy air or ground target at wingman's discretion? Any restrictions? "Engage Mission": once, until dakota, until all targets destroyed, only those assigned in Advanced Waypoint Options?

If you have Flaming Cliffs 3, in the PDF manual at Chapter 10 there is a nice reference to RADIO COMMUNICATIONS AND MESSAGES, I believe you'll find there all the answers.

I do not know if I can share it here. But if possible a moderator will provide it, or  give a link to it.

cheers

To give you an example you'll find such explanation:

Message to:

Flight or Wingmen

Command:

Engage...

Sub Command:

My Target

Definition of Command:

Player requests wingmen to attack the target that is the focus of a sensor (radar or EOS) or padlock. When the target is destroyed, wingmen will return to formation.

Response(s) to Command:

If wingman is capable of carrying out this command, he will respond "(x) Copy," "(x) Roger," or "(x) Affirm," where (x) is the flight member. If wingman is incapable of carrying out command, he will respond, "(x) Negative," or "(x) Unable," where (x) is the flight member.

The Flaming Cliffs 3 manual should be available without restriction on the Steam module's page. The Communication chapter is in many of the manuals for modules, so you're not just restricted to searching FC3. Sadly I don't think every module includes the communications chapter. I expect it will be a chapter of the eventual Hornet Flight Manual.

Edited by randomTOTEN

I've just realized that the SU25T is a free Module so you should have with DCS also its Flight Manual here:

\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World (OpenBeta)\Mods\aircraft\Su-25T\Doc

inside the manual you can find the RADIO COMMUNICATIONS AND MESSAGES Chapter at page 36 till page 43.

• Thanks 1