Jump to content

Why ED does not integrate SSAO in the options?


Recommended Posts

First thought its probably a legacy entry, but it actually works 🙂 Good find.

+1 to have it added to the options menu in game. (Settings above 1 do not have any effect btw 😉 its on or off, so a simple checkbox would do)

 

(Damascus airport with SSAO 0 and 1 respectively taken from the Mi-8 Damascus Air Taxi Mission)

DCS_SSAO_OPTIONS.gif


Edited by Desert Fox
  • Like 3

bts_100.jpg.22eae5ddd2a463fc09375990ad043870.jpg

 

Hardware: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX | Ryzen 5 3600X (6*3.8 Ghz) | 16 GB RAM | MSI Radeon RX5700 | Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB | Win 10 (64-bit) TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD and rudder pedals, TrackIR5

Wishlist:  Northern Germany/Baltic Sea theater | DCS level Su-25A or SM

Link to post
Share on other sites

what is the impact to the performance?

and also in the secreens above, there are tiny clouds one of them. does it make the clouds disappear?

FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | F-14A/B | F-16CAH-64

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: C-130 | UH-60 | F-4E

 

Youtube

Z390 / i5 9400F / RTX3070 / 32 GB Ram / 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // CH Fighterstick - MS FFB2 - TM Warthog Throttle and Stick - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 4 and 5

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

First thought its probably a legacy entry, but it actually works 🙂 Good find.

+1 to have it added to the options menu in game. (Settings above 1 do not have any effect btw 😉 its on or off, so a simple checkbox would do)

 

(Damascus airport with SSAO 0 and 1 respectively taken from the Mi-8 Damascus Air Taxi Mission)

DCS_SSAO_OPTIONS.gif

 

 

I take it the darker one is SSAO at 0?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

 

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

 

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

 

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 4:50 PM, Northstar98 said:

 

I take it the darker one is SSAO at 0?

 

Darker one is with SSAO set to 1, one can also see more fine and realistic shadows on the building on the lower left for example along the corners. But performance hit was quite heavy i think, did not really have a look but there was stuttering for sure.

 

About the clouds: nope, clouds are random in their position and shape on each mission start. Weather settings as of now just reflect a general type of weather and not an exact setting which is the same each mission restart.

  • Thanks 1

bts_100.jpg.22eae5ddd2a463fc09375990ad043870.jpg

 

Hardware: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX | Ryzen 5 3600X (6*3.8 Ghz) | 16 GB RAM | MSI Radeon RX5700 | Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB | Win 10 (64-bit) TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD and rudder pedals, TrackIR5

Wishlist:  Northern Germany/Baltic Sea theater | DCS level Su-25A or SM

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Desert Fox said:

Darker one is with SSAO set to 1, one can also see more fine and realistic shadows on the building on the lower left for example along the corners. But performance hit was quite heavy i think, did not really have a look but there was stuttering for sure.

 

Ahh cheers!

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

 

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

 

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

 

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...