Option to specify final attack headings for JTACs in the mission editor

Fisherman82

It would be great if it was possible to specify final attack headings in the mission editor on the same place where you specify preferred weapon and designation for JTACs (FAC).

The automatic logic for this now is not advanced enough to properly assign this correctly with regards to giving laser guided weapons ability to pick up the laser spot and safety of own troops. As it is now you can be assigned a final attack heading and also be cleared hot with a laser maverick when you are flying facing head on with the JTACs laser designator.  I have described this in another tread without any response from anyone.

If it was possible to assign the final attack heading in the mission editor, the logic, which I guess is pretty complicated to get right could be as it is to me at least because it would at least be possible to specify it manually.

Edited by Fisherman82
  • Like 2

I can add that not getting good final attack headings causes me to miss 9 out of 10 GBU-12s released against targets designated by a JTAC using laser. Its a randomized mission so I dont know his position every time I fly it. In the Hornet when im flying 15000 -20000 ft above the target. Since I get the laser spot tracker to pick up the designation I can confirm that the JTAC has the laser on the target as he should so the only reason I can think of is that Im not coming in from the right angle for the bomb to pick up the laser spot. In clear weather.

Edited by Fisherman82

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 7:16 AM, Black6 said:

It´d be also great, if there will be a possibility to assign a static object as a target (e.g. a bridge, bunker etc.)

They'll mark a bunker, is just needs to be a 'unit' bunker (IE, a fortification under the land unit list). As for a bridge,those are map objects, and the JTAC can't 'see' that sorta thing, and thus, will not mark it. One way around that would be through scripting, or to put some sort of unit on the bridge that the JTAC marks

12 hours ago, Tank50us said:

They'll mark a bunker, is just needs to be a 'unit' bunker (IE, a fortification under the land unit list). As for a bridge,those are map objects, and the JTAC can't 'see' that sorta thing, and thus, will not mark it. One way around that would be through scripting, or to put some sort of unit on the bridge that the JTAC marks

Just having a dummy target unit that can be placed on top of just about anything in the map, which stays invisible, but which can the be assigned as a JTAC target would be a huge improvement. You can sort of fudge it with anything, but you're at the mercy of where those units can be placed and end up actually appearing when in-game, and it obviously doesn't look as neat.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧