Mission 8. Can not take control

BoFrost

Hi,

as the headline says. I can not take control of the plane after AAR. The Plane roles to the right and then straigt into the ground.

Have had no problems until Mission 8.

As I first came to Mission 8 after the last Open Beta Update, I do not know if this is causing this issue.

Please have a look.

Regards

Frank

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

I had no problems with 8, flew it just the other day.

IIRC control does come a little later, after the plane has rolled right for a short bit.

Might also make sure you have not lost focus on the DCS window.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

12 hours ago, BoFrost said:

Hi,

as the headline says. I can not take control of the plane after AAR. The Plane roles to the right and then straigt into the ground.

Have had no problems until Mission 8.

As I first came to Mission 8 after the last Open Beta Update, I do not know if this is causing this issue.

Please have a look.

Regards

Frank

Will check, it might be track that's broken with the hotfix on the F/A-18C, if it is the case, please take control right after AAR and fly for the valley, the rest should work fine. Thanks for understanding!

EDIT: Press ESC and "Take Control" to take control of the aircraft.

Edited by FrankMT

vor 14 Stunden schrieb FrankMT:

Will check, it might be track that's broken with the hotfix on the F/A-18C, if it is the case, please take control right after AAR and fly for the valley, the rest should work fine. Thanks for understanding!

EDIT: Press ESC and "Take Control" to take control of the aircraft.

Thanks for the hint.

This is working for me so far.

Regards

Frank

• Like 1

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

7 hours ago, BoFrost said:

Thanks for the hint.

This is working for me so far.

Regards

Frank

We have verified the track to be working fine. Does your jet actually go down, then hit the mountains? It is intended to go down to the valley and get in formation. After that you are given control.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb FrankMT:

We have verified the track to be working fine. Does your jet actually go down, then hit the mountains? It is intended to go down to the valley and get in formation. After that you are given control.

The Jet went down and crashed. I will try it again, as I failed the mission anyway.  😉

If it happens again, I will try to upload the Trackfile. 

Frank

So, tested right away. The Plane is still diving right into the ground.

Trackfile is to big to attach directly. Please follow the link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqATkpya39fRjQmHowYUZIvDUSeo?e=Hwkf0J

My system is in the signature.

Using latest Open Beta, Campaign is with SC, Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro, Played in VR with HP Reverb G2.

Hopefully you get all information needed.

Regards

Frank

11 hours ago, BoFrost said:

Trackfile is to big to attach directly. Please follow the link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqATkpya39fRjQmHowYUZIvDUSeo?e=Hwkf0J

Using latest Open Beta, Campaign is with SC, Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro, Played in VR with HP Reverb G2.

Regards

Frank

Thanks, will look into it, in the mean time, please just take control once AAR finishes the follow the route into the valley. 

11 hours ago, BoFrost said:

Regards

Frank

Verified the trk file, plays fine on our computer (OpenBeta). Does AAR look or fine on your computer, or it is detracked as well? Try uninstalling any mods you have if the problem presists. 

vor 13 Stunden schrieb FrankMT:

Verified the trk file, plays fine on our computer (OpenBeta). Does AAR look or fine on your computer, or it is detracked as well? Try uninstalling any mods you have if the problem presists. 

This is strange, as I can replicate the crash every time. 

The AAR is running without deploying the Basket. Also the Jet is getting much to close to the Plane for a normal refueling. So yeah, that is not the way I would do the refueling. Also the break away to the right would get the boom operator very angry, as it is very close. 

I have no mods installed. I can make one more try without using VR. Did you replay in VR? 

However, I can play the mission when I take control by myself, so I am fine with this. But it would be nice to find out where this issue is comming from. 

Regards 

Frank

5 hours ago, BoFrost said:

The AAR is running without deploying the Basket. Also the Jet is getting much to close to the Plane for a normal refueling. So yeah, that is not the way I would do the refueling. Also the break away to the right would get the boom operator very angry, as it is very close. 

I have no mods installed. I can make one more try without using VR. Did you replay in VR? 

However, I can play the mission when I take control by myself, so I am fine with this. But it would be nice to find out where this issue is comming from. 

Regards 

Frank

Fwiw I previously mentioned it worked for me and I do fly in VR as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

9 hours ago, BoFrost said:

Regards 

Frank

Hey Frank,

We have tested out the current version on multiple machines (some have VR), none of which has the problem that you have. It seems like the trk file is somewhat broken for you. We will take note on this matter and look if others have similar issues. 

In the mean time, thank you for understanding and hope you enjoy the campaign. M10 and M12 also has pre-recorded controls/cutscenes, please let me know if those are malfunctioning for you as well. Thanks!

I am having same issue, but plane does not refuel - it just approaches tanker, then rolls right and inti ground...Problem is maybe communication because on the track it never asks for refuel...

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

vor 5 Stunden schrieb hreich:

I am having same issue, but plane does not refuel - it just approaches tanker, then rolls right and inti ground...Problem is maybe communication because on the track it never asks for refuel...

That's what I wrote too. No Basket, very close to the plane. 

I already thought I am to stupid, so good to see that I am not the only one. 

That is very interesting, we will try to find the reasons behind it in the process, it is very hard for us as we cannot reproduce it here. 

Regardless, we are gonna redo all the pre-recorded controls for Rising Squall in DCS 2.7. Sorry about the inconvinience guys!

20小时前,BoFrost说:

我也是这么写的。没有篮子,离飞机很近。

我已经觉得我太蠢了,很高兴看到我不是唯一一个。

2021/2/25 PM3点54分,hreich说:

我也有同样的问题,但是飞机没有加油-它只是接近油船,然后向右滚然后降落.问题可能是沟通,因为在轨道上它从不要求加油.

Hey, guys,

Can you upload your game settings? I want to confirm your game difficulty, tag, turbulence and other game specific settings.

Am 26.2.2021 um 11:12 schrieb JG54_NF2:

Hey, guys,

Can you upload your game settings? I want to confirm your game difficulty, tag, turbulence and other game specific settings.

OK, here you are:

conf4.jpg

conf5.jpg

conf6.jpg

conf2.jpg

conf3.jpg

conf1.jpg

f18controls.zip

If this helps the first time I play this mission after the campaign launch it worked fine. Today I'm trying to play directly through mission editor and behaves like the other folks said. No refuel and the planes crash to the ground. My settings have not changed.

EDIT  : Found that the problem was VAICOM interfering with the scripted comms. Without it all works fine.

Edited by S-GERAT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, S-GERAT said:

If this helps the first time I play this mission after the campaign launch it worked fine. Today I'm trying to play directly through mission editor and behaves like the other folks said. No refuel and the planes crash to the ground. My settings have not changed.

EDIT  : Found that the problem was VAICOM interfering with the scripted comms. Without it all works fine.

You the man - i also use vaicom...will try without it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Am 28.2.2021 um 19:28 schrieb S-GERAT:

Yes, that was it !

I did not start Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro at the beginning. Then the AAR was normal, and the Jet joint up with the other fighters without crashing into the ground.

After automatic control was handed over to me, I startet Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro, as I use it a lot in VR and can't flight without it anymore, I could finish the mission without problems.

Thanks @S-GERAT

Regards

Frank

10小时前,hreich说:

Somebody should report this to Inverted team/and vaicom pro guys...

I've heard about this software for the first time, and we'll look at how to avoid this problem. Because pre recorded animation is the function of ed itself (you can try the A-10C Sturmoviks campaign, which has the same function, to test whether there is the same problem.) Thank you for your feedback. 🙃

vor 1 Stunde schrieb JG54_NF2:

I've heard about this software for the first time, and we'll look at how to avoid this problem. Because pre recorded animation is the function of ed itself (you can try the A-10C Sturmoviks campaign, which has the same function, to test whether there is the same problem.) Thank you for your feedback. 🙃

If you fly in VR and do not want to lift the HMD for every action you do not have on your HOTAS, this is the Software / Tool you need and should use. Best Tool ever!! 

Regards 

Frank 

• 4 weeks later...

Glad I saw this was just coming to report Mission 8 appeared to be bugged now, my plane would roll over and fly into the ground right after AAR no matter what I did. I have Voice Attack running - will close it and I am sure it will work this time.

Currently doing a second play through of the campaign.

Edited by dburne

Don B

• 5 months later...

I was so excited when I read that Voice Attack was the issue, but unfortunately running without Voice Attack did not fix my issue.  My plane just flies right past the tanker, enters a steadily-increasing left-turn dive and crashes into the ground every time.  Please help!

• Like 2