System time always starts from 12:00:00 instead of time of the mission

The time shown on the DED page does not match the time of the mission by default. Manual setting is doable but one cannot ensure synchronization with multiple clients. The best way is to match the aircraft time with mission time during the startup.

[CENTER] [/CENTER]

I will check with the team I believe it is meant to be zulu time

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Terzi said:

Yes you are right. I was starting 15:00 in Syria and get 12:00 always.

Ok thank you, it is correct as is, the clocks should be set to zulu and can be adjusted manually if required. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The time starts at Zulu but the clock doesn't actually start ticking until your aircraft is powered up, that's why it's always delayed. For this reason you need to do a time hack to make sure the indicated time is correct. Afaik this is done in real life as well where wristband watches are synced during the briefing and then the aircraft time is synced when you've stepped.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

• MC-130E Combat Talon
  • F/A-18F Lot 26
  • HH-60G Pave Hawk
  • E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound
  • EA-6A/B Prowler
  • J-35F2/J Draken
  • RA-5C Vigilante

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 hours ago, WHOGX5 said:

The time starts at Zulu but the clock doesn't actually start ticking until your aircraft is powered up, that's why it's always delayed. For this reason you need to do a time hack to make sure the indicated time is correct. Afaik this is done in real life as well where wristband watches are synced during the briefing and then the aircraft time is synced when you've stepped.

I haven't tested it but if it is true, then it is really a bug @BIGNEWY. I don't think that such simple and important issue would be left to pilots while the onboard systems can just read the correct time precisely, while our simplest watches can do it as well.

[CENTER] [/CENTER]

I am looking into it, as I understand it the TOD time-of-day should allow for the synchronisation of the time. I will ask the team in the morning. 

thanks

I've tested MP and the time in the IPC seems correct and synced to UTC as expected. Let me know if you see different. 

thanks

I do confirm that in the plane, time it has to be in Zulu. If not synced on Zulu time, some systems should not work properly.

ASUSTeK ROG MAXIMUS X HERO / Intel Core i5-8600K (4.6 GHz) / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / 32GB DDR4 Ballistix Elite, 3200 MHz / Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB / Windows 10 Home 64-bit / HOTAS Cougar FSSB R1 (Warthog grip) / SIMPED / MFD Cougar / ViperGear ICP / Track IR 5 / Curved LED 27'' Monitor 1080p Samsung C27F396 / HP Reverb G2 VR Headset.