If I use a physical switch to switch the FLIR pod on prior to a mission start it does not work, the virtual FLIR switch in the Hornet cockpit is always switched to off.

Only if, after mission start, I physically switch to something else and then back on it also switches the virtual switch (and the FLIR).

The same thing works as intended for the Master Arm switch, on the other hand.

I observed the same behaviour with many switches. I've turned the sync option off again and set the default switches manually prior every mission.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

I'm guessing here, but does the sync state only work with switches that are configured in the 'special for joystick' style?

Using standard pulsed inputs, it's not possible for DCS to know which state a switch is in.

• Like 1

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

On 2/21/2021 at 8:57 PM, Brun said:

I'm guessing here, but does the sync state only work with switches that are configured in the 'special for joystick' style?

Using standard pulsed inputs, it's not possible for DCS to know which state a switch is in.

It does work for the Master Arms switch, though.

The master arm switch has a special for joystick binding. How is yours set up?

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

The FLIR Switch also has bindings in the category "Special for Joystick". It's a 3-position (ON-STBY-OFF) switch which I have bound to the pinky switch on my TM WH Throttle. Works perfectly.

It requires binding of two inputs: 1. for ON/STBY and 2. for OFF/STBY.

@Joghurt: You don't tell us exactly what kind of switch you are using and to which of the commands you have bound it. So we can't really tell what your problem is. You need to be more specific.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5