SU-33 Carrier Landing Procedures

Phil73805

Hi all, I usually fly the full fidelity modules but considering that most of the FC3 modules have a professional flight model it allows me the pleasure of getting to know how they fly and fight. With that in mind, I started flying the SU-33 and while she has some quirks that I can't find any information about, the dearth of information regarding carrier landings makes an already challenging task even more difficult.

Having said all that, I started this thread in the hopes that those of you who fly the SU-33 regularly from the deck of the Kuznetzov would be kind enough to share the procedures that you have found to work consistently. Please include speeds and altitudes at the various stages of the approach. I am currently working on CASE I approaches...considering the instruments, I can't imagine a CASE III.

Thank you 🙂

Edited by Phil73805

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

10 hours ago, Phil73805 said:

Привет всем, я обычно летаю на модулях full fidelity, но, учитывая, что большинство модулей FC3 имеют профессиональные летные модели, это дает мне удовольствие узнать, как они летают и сражаются. Имея это в виду, я начал летать на СУ-33, и хотя у нее есть некоторые причуды, о которых я не могу найти никакой информации, нехватка информации о посадках авианосцев делает и без того сложную задачу еще более сложной.

Сказав все это, я начал эту ветку в надежде, что те из вас, кто регулярно летает на СУ-33 с палубы «Кузнецова», будут достаточно любезны и поделятся процедурами, которые, как вы обнаружили, работают последовательно. Укажите скорость и высоту на различных этапах захода на посадку. В настоящее время я работаю над подходами CASE I ... учитывая инструменты, я не могу представить CASE III.

Спасибо 🙂

Круг над авианосцем 600м скорость примерно 350км/ч

• Thanks 1

I7-8700K 4,7Ghz, MSI MPG Z390 Gaming EDGE AC , 32 Gb Ram DDR4 Hyper X, RTX 2080

This was discussed awhile ago ( kuznetsov-landing-pattern-or-not ).  It's an interesting read but the long and short of it is that there's nothing anyone has found written that describes it--this includes on the Russian side of the forum. The concensus was that it must be similar to the the "box" pattern used for runway landings (touch-and-go, etc) but the particulars for applying it to carrier landings are a bit murky.

The "box" for the Su-27 includes lowering the landing gear at a speed of less than 500 km/hr on the downwind leg. Flaps lowered before making the 4th turn onto base, at speed of 350km/hr and not banking more than 45°. If you're landing at an airport, you would cross the outer marker at a height of 200m and speed of 310-320 km/hr and the inner marker at 60m and 290-300km/hr.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Thanks 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 8 months later...

Open Game, select training, select Su-33. There are several tutorials there.

• Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 2 years later...