Audio cue for loading screens

Magnate

One of the least pleasant things about the VR experience - for me at least - is the nasty shimmering and flickering effects which you get in the loading screens. To avoid these I simply close my eyes and try to estimate how long the loading process will take, but it's a bit hit and miss.

What would be nice would be a simple audio cue to confirm that you've reached the next stable screen in the mission loading process, so that you open your eyes at the correct moment every time.

• Like 2

Me too! I'm really curious what causes this and how it can be avoided.

In my Index vs G2 vs Pimax head to head yesterday I noticed that the Index basically had almost none of that flicker, while of course the Pimax and G2 are terrible...

SYS : RYZEN 9 5950X + Crosshair VIII Hero + RTX 3090 FE 32GB + TridentZ NEO 32GB 3600MHz + FireCuda 520 1TB

VR Pimax 8KX : DCS 1.0, VR, Steam 100% (3148x3160), FOV 120 degrees || Quest2 || Index || Reverb G2

SIM : DCS || Star Wars Squadrons || Rise of Flight || IL2 Battle of Stalingrad || Elite Dangerous || Star Citizen

DCS: Textures & Terrain High, Water & Vis Medium, Heat Blur Low, Shadows Medium, MSAA 2x, DoF OFF, Lens Flare Only, Motion Blur Off, SSAA & SSLR Off, Clutter 170, Trees 66%, Smoke 0, Anisotropic 2x, Terrain Shadows Flat, Cockpit Global Illumination On

PIT : VKB Gunfighter base + VKB F14 grip || VKB Kosima grip + Virpl TC50 CM3 throttle + Logitch G pedals + Pimax Leap Motion hand tracking + SimShaker feedback