Mission 01 - little annoyances and a question

I've just started this campaign, and it looks great! However, I am a little confused by certain aspects of Mission 01.

Firstly, no matter how quickly I form up behind Saint on the carrier for take-off, before I have even taken off, we get the 'call this formation?... is this what they taught you in Top Gun...'.  etc.  In fact, if I delay taking off, Saint just carries on with the dialogue about the Iranian ship, staying here for the training, etc.  This doesn't seem right. Is there not a trigger going wrong somewhere?

Also, on 2 or 3 occasions when trying to get a perfect score, Saint had crashed landed back on the carrier, and I was unable to land!

Lastly, what do you need to do to get a perfect score in this mission?  I keep getting 90 although everything seemed OK.

Intel i9 10900K 5.1GHz · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F Wi-Fi · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Grip · HP Reverb G2

Sure, I get that, but I don’t think that’s what’s happening as the action goes on with the same dialogue all the way through even if you haven’t taken off. 

Intel i9 10900K 5.1GHz · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F Wi-Fi · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Grip · HP Reverb G2

Hey Imacken. 

In a nutshell - Saint is an extremely annoying guy. Unless you fly a perfect formation on his wing, he will not loose any opportunity to trash you.

You should not delay your take off, as you would not in real life - and since things are timed here depending on where Saint is, you just need to do everything by the book, otherwise the mess would be even bigger. So no, no missing triggers here. Do note that this is not a norm throughout the campaign, but in some missions where you are a part of larger packages you just have to play your role and be on time, nobody will be waiting for you. 

As for Saint hitting the waves - well, he is a s***ty pilot, but not that bad, this is just the DCS AI. Try to keep the fight above 12-15K...

Scoring - I think there is a difference in what you choose as an aswer after Saint’s mishap with the Iranians 🙂 

Hope this helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks BD. I think my point is that he says the same thing regardless of where I am or what I am doing. He asks about the SAM launch even though my hornet is still on the deck!  (I only delayed take off to see what would happen to the dialogue/plot).  I would have thought that the dialogue could at least be timed with my take off.

Re scoring, I always back him up and still get 90!

A couple of other points. Often, the SAM launch dialogue doesn't happen and Saint just goes into the defensive climb.  Also, his 56X A/A TACAN doesn't work. Don't know if it is supposed to or not.